Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco
- Founded as one of the West's first culinary arts schools, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (Formerly known as California Culinary Academy)has been committed to providing high standards of culinary arts, restaurant management training, and personal chef training since 1977.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||442 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||442 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,100||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- San Francisco's Culinary hot spot historic California Hall at 625 Polk Street in downtown San Francisco is the nerve center of the Academy and an ideal place to pursue chef training. Students at California Culinary Academy can apply their passion everyday. A stand-up cocktail party, full-course dinner party, wedding reception, or corporate event presents a unique learning opportunity that combines the talent and skill of our students. Meals are prepared and served by Academy students under the direction of our Academy chef instructors. CCA prides itself on helping students secure their important first job in restaurants, hotels, resorts, bakeries, and other culinary and hospitality related businesses. Our Career Services staff offers individual sessions in career planning, resume writing, and interview preparation. Every student needs a payment plan for his or her education, and we are committed to helping you in your financial planning. The Academy offers tuition planning assistance to all students, and federal and state financial aid for those who qualify.
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 527 students | 1.50 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
- 23,610 students | 3.80 Mi50 Phelan Ave
San Francisco,  CA  94112
- 5,712 students | 6.80 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 10,548 students | 7.90 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 9,393 students | 9.90 Mi3300 College Dr
San Bruno,  CA  94066
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.