Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (415) 216-4416
- Founded as one of the West's first culinary arts schools, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (Formerly known as California Culinary Academy)has been committed to providing high standards of culinary arts, restaurant management training, and personal chef training since 1977.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- San Francisco's Culinary hot spot historic California Hall at 625 Polk Street in downtown San Francisco is the nerve center of the Academy and an ideal place to pursue chef training. Students at California Culinary Academy can apply their passion everyday. A stand-up cocktail party, full-course dinner party, wedding reception, or corporate event presents a unique learning opportunity that combines the talent and skill of our students. Meals are prepared and served by Academy students under the direction of our Academy chef instructors. CCA prides itself on helping students secure their important first job in restaurants, hotels, resorts, bakeries, and other culinary and hospitality related businesses. Our Career Services staff offers individual sessions in career planning, resume writing, and interview preparation. Every student needs a payment plan for his or her education, and we are committed to helping you in your financial planning. The Academy offers tuition planning assistance to all students, and federal and state financial aid for those who qualify.
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco is FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 1.50 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 675-5200 1.50218
- 27,008 students | 3.90 Mi50 Phelan Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415) 239-3000 3.9027,008
- 6,389 students | 6.70 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 6.706,389
- 10,404 students | 8.00 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 8.0010,404
- 9,014 students | 9.70 Mi3300 College Dr
San Bruno, CA 94066
(650) 738-4100 9.709,014
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?