Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco (Closed 2020)
- Founded as one of the West's first culinary arts schools, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (Formerly known as California Culinary Academy)has been committed to providing high standards of culinary arts, restaurant management training, and personal chef training since 1977.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 72% over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||308 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- San Francisco's Culinary hot spot historic California Hall at 625 Polk Street in downtown San Francisco is the nerve center of the Academy and an ideal place to pursue chef training. Students at California Culinary Academy can apply their passion everyday. A stand-up cocktail party, full-course dinner party, wedding reception, or corporate event presents a unique learning opportunity that combines the talent and skill of our students. Meals are prepared and served by Academy students under the direction of our Academy chef instructors. CCA prides itself on helping students secure their important first job in restaurants, hotels, resorts, bakeries, and other culinary and hospitality related businesses. Our Career Services staff offers individual sessions in career planning, resume writing, and interview preparation. Every student needs a payment plan for his or her education, and we are committed to helping you in your financial planning. The Academy offers tuition planning assistance to all students, and federal and state financial aid for those who qualify.
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco is FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 188 students | 1.50 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 675-5200 1.50188
- 24,441 students | 3.90 Mi50 Frida Kahlo Drive
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415) 239-3000 3.9024,441
- 5,667 students | 6.70 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 6.705,667
- 10,424 students | 8.00 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 8.0010,424
- 8,803 students | 9.70 Mi3300 College Dr
San Bruno, CA 94066
(650) 738-4100 9.708,803
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.