- Laredo College is an institution committed to student success by providing comprehensive educational services that focus on the dynamic requirements and needs of its local, regional, and international community. Laredo College offers a variety of degree and certificate programs that suit your best interests and strengths, but so do other colleges and universities. So what makes Laredo College unique? It`s simple: Laredo College is a family. When you attend Laredo College, you become a part of that family. Students choose Laredo College because they prefer the student-friendly, supportive atmosphere created by our faculty, staff and administration. A Laredo College education will prepare you for a successful future, whether you choose to enter the workforce right away or continue on to a four-year university.
- Enrollment: 10,200 students
- In-state tuition: $4,500
- Out-state tuition: $5,748
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 99%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Laredo College was created as Laredo Junior College on September 28, 1946, by the voting citizens of the Independent School District of Laredo, Texas. The college is located in the city of Laredo, which was founded almost two hundred years ago by Captain Tomas Sanchez in the recently colonized province of Nuevo Santander of Spain. The name of the College was changed to Laredo Community College in August 1993. The main campus of the college includes approximately 200 acres and is located at the western edge of Laredo on old Fort McIntosh, established as Camp Crawford on March 3, 1849. Approximately three fourths of a mile of the Rio Grande River separates the campus from Mexico. LC seeks to implement its educational philosophy by offering occupational programs, transfer curricula, adult and continuing education, developmental education, student development services, and community services. Laredo College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Laredo College cost?
Laredo College's tuition is approximately $4,500 for In-State students and $5,748 for Out-State students.
What sports does Laredo College offer?
Laredo College offers 5 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis and Volleyball.