Indian River State College
- The teacher population of 425 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Indian River State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||425 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,665 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,950 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,715 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- IRCC provides professional career counseling, interest surveys, and evaluation of talents and abilities through the Career Center on Main Campus. The Center is equipped with an extensive library to inform the community of various occupations and schools. Also, various computer programs are available through the Center to assist in searches for career information, scholarships, and national college information, as well as assistance in job-search skills. The Career Center services at Indian River Community College are designed to educate and assist students in effectively developing, evaluating, and implementing their career plans. In today's highly competitive environment, having a well trained, motivated workforce is not only desirable, it is essential to a company's success. This requires businesses to seek out the best educational programs which will focus on and meet this challenge. The Corporate & Community Training Institute (CCTI) at Indian River Community College offers educational & training services to meet community & business needs. We are committed to providing high quality training & employee enhancement programs to individuals, corporations, small businesses & governmental agencies in a professional & timely manner.
- The nearest community college to Indian River State College is Lincoln College of Technology-West Palm Beach (48.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 713 students | 48.70 Mi2410 Metrocentre Blvd
West Palm Beach,  FL  33407
- 392 students | 52.60 Mi2401 N Harbor City Blvd
Melbourne,  FL  32935
- 540 students | 55.00 Mi1756 North Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach,  FL  33409
- 276 students | 57.00 Mi1630 South Congress Avenue, Suite 300
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
- 28,517 students | 58.20 Mi4200 Congress Ave
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.