- Indian River Community College is an equal access/affirmative action educational institution.
Indian River State College serves 15,236 students (32% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is same as the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 15,236 students
- In-state tuition: $2,764
- Out-state tuition: $10,201
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 48%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Indian River State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
The teacher population of 1,101 teachers has grown by 159% over five years.
Indian River State College
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Indian River State College has declined by 13% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
The Indian River State College diversity score of 0.65 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,764 is less than the state average of $3,280. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,201 is less than the state average of $10,578. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- IRCC provides professional career counseling, interest surveys, and evaluation of talents and abilities through the Career Center on Main Campus. The Center is equipped with an extensive library to inform the community of various occupations and schools. Also, various computer programs are available through the Center to assist in searches for career information, scholarships, and national college information, as well as assistance in job-search skills. The Career Center services at Indian River Community College are designed to educate and assist students in effectively developing, evaluating, and implementing their career plans. In today's highly competitive environment, having a well trained, motivated workforce is not only desirable, it is essential to a company's success. This requires businesses to seek out the best educational programs which will focus on and meet this challenge. The Corporate & Community Training Institute (CCTI) at Indian River Community College offers educational & training services to meet community & business needs. We are committed to providing high quality training & employee enhancement programs to individuals, corporations, small businesses & governmental agencies in a professional & timely manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Indian River State College cost?
Indian River State College's tuition is approximately $2,764 for In-State students and $10,201 for Out-State students.
What is Indian River State College's ranking?
Indian River State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Least expensive tuition and Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.