Heald College-Concord (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heald College-Concord||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||46 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,232 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,020 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||212 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,900||$34,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Over the last several years, Heald Concord has expanded to better meet the growing demand for qualified business, technology, medical and dental degree graduates in the area. Established in 1975, Heald Concord has a strong presence in the community and an outstanding reputation with local employers. Located in a 66,000-square-foot, fully networked facility, Heald College Concord serves all of Contra Costa County. The building features a beautiful, multi-purpose conference center with complete wireless capability. The campus has expanded three times over the last several years to better meet the growing local demand for qualified business, technology and healthcare degree graduates. Recently it began offering a dental assisting program and added a state-of-the-art dental lab. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,089 students | 4.00 Mi321 Golf Club Rd
Pleasant Hill,  CA  94523
- 599 students | 4.50 Mi380 Civic Dr., Ste. 300
Pleasant Hill,  CA  94523
- 8,695 students | 9.30 Mi2700 East Leland Road
Pittsburg,  CA  94565
- 9,824 students | 15.80 Mi4000 Suisun Valley Rd
Fairfield,  CA  94534
- 6,321 students | 16.60 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.