Hawaii Business College (Closed 2007)
- Established in 1973 by the late Mitsuru Omori, Hawaii Business College takes a unique, holistic approach to successful training! We work with our students to increase their marketability by stressing reliability, knowledge and good people skills. We serve our students by providing quality education and preparing them for a wide variety of business careers in the shortest possible time at a reasonable cost.
|Hawaii Business College||(HI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||267 students||3,809 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hawaii Business College offers a variety of programs in the Healthcare, Business and Computer Technology fields. Learning Resource Center The LRC offers library research and reference materials, and has a wide variety of frequently updated books and magazines. Information technology in the LRC includes audio, video, computers with Internet access, and more. Our dynamic Job Placement Department has deep roots in our local business community and assists students and graduates in achieving career objectives. Hawaii Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, diplomas, and occupational associate's degrees. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Hawaii Business College is Remington College-Honolulu Campus (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 442 students | 0.20 Mi1111 Bishop St Ste 400
Honolulu,  HI  96813
- 4,144 students | 0.80 Mi874 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu,  HI  96817
- 7,994 students | 4.90 Mi4303 Diamond Head Rd
Honolulu,  HI  96816
- 2,661 students | 7.60 Mi45-720 Keaahala Rd
Kaneohe,  HI  96744
- 7,742 students | 9.60 Mi96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City,  HI  96782
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.