Florida National University-Main Campus
Tel: (305) 821-3333
- Florida National College is a four-year, proprietary, urban commuter senior college offering the Bachelor Degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Health Services Administration, Legal Studies, and Nursing as well as associate degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs in the following fields: accounting, business, computer technology, criminal justice, dental technology, education, English as a Second Language, nursing, medical technology, paralegal, radiology, travel/tourism, and ultrasound.
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Florida National University-Main Campus||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||91 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,401 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,025 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||376 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,006 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||19 students||30 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Florida National College opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. Jos Regueiro, Mrs. Mara C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Snchez. It offered business, computer, dental, electronics (now discontinued), medical, paralegal, and travel programs. The institution soon became Florida International College and finally in September 1989, Florida National College. A second campus was initiated in Miami (Flagler Campus) on March 3, 1989; a third campus was opened in Miami (Bird Road Campus) on March 5, 1990. At the present time, FNC offers six Baccalaureate Degree Programs, twenty-one Associate Degree programs, ten Diploma Programs, and nine Certificate Programs. PHYSICAL FACILITIES Florida National College, Hialeah Campus, is located in the northwest area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 56,000 sq. ft. It includes a media center; dental, medical, language, X-ray, and computer Labs; reception area; cafeteria; child care facility, and administrative offices. There is adequate lighted parking, and the building is equipped with elevators two of the three campuses are 20 located on second floors of shopping centers and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. The main campus occupies its own 4 story building. FNC student records are housed at this campus. Florida National College, South Campus, is located in the west area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 24,900 sq. ft. and it includes a media resource room, medical and computer Labs, student lounge, reception area, and administrative offices. The campus is situated in a large shopping mall with ample lighted parking and surrounding services. There is an elevator and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. Florida National College, Training Center, is located in the northwest area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 5,600 sq. ft. and it includes computer and medical Labs, reception area, and an administrative office. There is lighted parking and the building is equipped with elevators and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. LIBRARY/RESOURCE ROOM The Florida National College Library exists chiefly to support the curricula offered by FNC. Its responsibilities include assisting faculty and students in locating research materials, as well as instructing them in the effective use of library resources, which include multimedia resources and Internet access, full text online periodicals, and access to full text online books. Over 32,045 items in the library collection are housed at the Hialeah Campus Library and at the South Campus Resource Room. Internet access passwords to the full text online periodicals databases and online books are given out at orientations and Library research training seminars. The library website is available at www.fnc.edu (Click on Library) and includes access to the online catalog, a library research tutorial, links to local libraries, and the research databases. Library hours are scheduled to service day and evening students. A librarian or an assistant librarian is always available to assist students, faculty and staff in the use of the Hialeah Campus Library and South Campus Resource Room during scheduled hours Florida National College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Baccalaureate Degree Programs,Associate of Arts Degree Programs, and Associate of Science Degree Programs.
- The nearest community college to Florida National University-Main Campus is College of Business and Technology-Hialeah (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 285 students | 0.10 Mi935 West 49 Street # 203
Hialeah,  FL  33012
(305) 273-4499 0.10285
- 439 students | 3.90 Mi5875 NW 163rd Street, Suite 101
Hialeah,  FL  33014
(786) 363-3340 3.90439
- 202 students | 5.90 Mi7925 NW 12th St Ste 201
Miami,  FL  33126
(305) 597-9599 5.90202
- 537 students | 6.30 Mi1525 NW 167th Street
Miami,  FL  33169
(786) 288-3357 6.30537
- 364 students | 6.90 Mi8230 W Flagler St.
Miami,  FL  33144
(305) 273-4499 6.90364
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.