Florida National University-Main Campus
- Florida National College is a four-year, proprietary, urban commuter senior college offering the Bachelor Degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Health Services Administration, Legal Studies, and Nursing as well as associate degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs in the following fields: accounting, business, computer technology, criminal justice, dental technology, education, English as a Second Language, nursing, medical technology, paralegal, radiology, travel/tourism, and ultrasound.
Florida National University-Main Campus serves 4,173 students (66% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,173 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,250
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 99%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Florida National University-Main Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
The teacher population of 351 teachers has grown by 285% over five years.
Florida National University-Main Campus
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Florida National University-Main Campus has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five years.
The Florida National University-Main Campus diversity score of 0.19 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,250 is less than the state average of $16,140. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
525 per credit
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Florida National College opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. Jos Regueiro, Mrs. Mara C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Snchez. It offered business, computer, dental, electronics (now discontinued), medical, paralegal, and travel programs. The institution soon became Florida International College and finally in September 1989, Florida National College. A second campus was initiated in Miami (Flagler Campus) on March 3, 1989; a third campus was opened in Miami (Bird Road Campus) on March 5, 1990. At the present time, FNC offers six Baccalaureate Degree Programs, twenty-one Associate Degree programs, ten Diploma Programs, and nine Certificate Programs. PHYSICAL FACILITIES Florida National College, Hialeah Campus, is located in the northwest area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 56,000 sq. ft. It includes a media center; dental, medical, language, X-ray, and computer Labs; reception area; cafeteria; child care facility, and administrative offices. There is adequate lighted parking, and the building is equipped with elevators two of the three campuses are 20 located on second floors of shopping centers and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. The main campus occupies its own 4 story building. FNC student records are housed at this campus. Florida National College, South Campus, is located in the west area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 24,900 sq. ft. and it includes a media resource room, medical and computer Labs, student lounge, reception area, and administrative offices. The campus is situated in a large shopping mall with ample lighted parking and surrounding services. There is an elevator and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. Florida National College, Training Center, is located in the northwest area of Miami-Dade County. The campus occupies approximately 5,600 sq. ft. and it includes computer and medical Labs, reception area, and an administrative office. There is lighted parking and the building is equipped with elevators and wide aisles for accessibility by physically challenged persons. LIBRARY/RESOURCE ROOM The Florida National College Library exists chiefly to support the curricula offered by FNC. Its responsibilities include assisting faculty and students in locating research materials, as well as instructing them in the effective use of library resources, which include multimedia resources and Internet access, full text online periodicals, and access to full text online books. Over 32,045 items in the library collection are housed at the Hialeah Campus Library and at the South Campus Resource Room. Internet access passwords to the full text online periodicals databases and online books are given out at orientations and Library research training seminars. The library website is available at www.fnc.edu (Click on Library) and includes access to the online catalog, a library research tutorial, links to local libraries, and the research databases. Library hours are scheduled to service day and evening students. A librarian or an assistant librarian is always available to assist students, faculty and staff in the use of the Hialeah Campus Library and South Campus Resource Room during scheduled hours Florida National College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Baccalaureate Degree Programs,Associate of Arts Degree Programs, and Associate of Science Degree Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Florida National University-Main Campus cost?
Florida National University-Main Campus's private state tuition is approximately $13,250.
What is Florida National University-Main Campus's ranking?
Florida National University-Main Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Average community college minority breakdown.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.