Cowley County Community College
- The teacher population of 103 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cowley County Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||103 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,376 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,843 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,533 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||482||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$34,000|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cowley is both a community college with transfer programs and a vocational/technical school offering two-year job-ready degree programs, students with very diverse needs will find us a perfect educational fit. The College works hard to maintain standards of quality that will provide students with an education that will prepare them to transfer to a four year program or enter the workforce. Cowley is a cutting edge institution, respected throughout the country as a leader in innovation and quality. We strongly encourage both parents and prospective students to explore their educational opportunities with us. Cowley has over 70 majors and programs of study. Degrees offered include the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies, and the College Certificate. Cowley College is among the fastest growing community colleges in the nation. We take pride in the quality of our education, small classes and student activities. Our main campus is located in Arkansas City, a small community of around 13,000 people in south-central Kansas. We have several outreach centers across the region including two enrollment locations located in Wichita and a center in Mulvane. If you are unable to attend our physical locations you are able to earn an accredited degree fully online! Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and by the Kansas State Board of Regents.
- The nearest community college to Cowley County Community College is Northern Oklahoma College (30.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,766 students | 30.00 Mi1220 E Grand Ave
Tonkawa,  OK  74653
- 259 students | 47.20 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
- 3,373 students | 49.20 Mi4004 N Webb Rd. Bldg 100
Wichita,  KS  67226
- 9,003 students | 52.20 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
- 945 students | 73.50 Mi1057 West College Avenue
Independence,  KS  67301
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.