Columbia Gorge Community College
- Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Candidacy is not accreditation nor does it ensure eventual accreditation. Candidate for Accreditation is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation. CGCC, until separate accreditation, if granted, delivers college credit instruction, certificates and degrees through its contract with Portland Community College (PCC) which is accredited through the NWCCU. Credits, certificates and degrees earned at CGCC appear on PCC transcripts and are transferable to four-year institutions, subject to the specific policies of those institutions. Columbia Gorge Community College contracts with Portland Community College for many instructional, financial aid, and student records services.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 73% over five years.
|Columbia Gorge Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||991 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||356 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||635 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.27||0.51|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,100||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,276 students | 58.60 Mi26000 SE Stark St
Gresham,  OR  97030
- 247 students | 65.10 Mi120 NE 136th Ave Ste 130
Vancouver,  WA  98684
- 7,302 students | 69.60 Mi19600 Molalla Ave
Oregon City,  OR  97045
- 10,911 students | 70.60 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
- 804 students | 70.80 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.