Columbia Gorge Community College
- Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Candidacy is not accreditation nor does it ensure eventual accreditation. Candidate for Accreditation is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation. CGCC, until separate accreditation, if granted, delivers college credit instruction, certificates and degrees through its contract with Portland Community College (PCC) which is accredited through the NWCCU. Credits, certificates and degrees earned at CGCC appear on PCC transcripts and are transferable to four-year institutions, subject to the specific policies of those institutions. Columbia Gorge Community College contracts with Portland Community College for many instructional, financial aid, and student records services.
Columbia Gorge Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Columbia Gorge Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||991 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||356 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||635 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Columbia Gorge Community College is Mt Hood Community College (58.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,276 students | 58.60 Mi26000 SE Stark St
Gresham,  OR  97030
- 247 students | 65.10 Mi120 NE 136th Ave Ste 130
Vancouver,  WA  98684
- 7,302 students | 69.60 Mi19600 Molalla Ave
Oregon City,  OR  97045
- 10,911 students | 70.60 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
- 804 students | 70.80 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.