Tel: (305) 666-9242
- At City College, we are committed to your success and believe in your potential to grow academically, personally, and professionally. Education is the key to success. The Miami Campus of City College is located at 9300 S. Dadeland Boulevard, Suite 200, Miami, FL 33156. The classroom, laboratories, and administrative offices occupy approximately 24,000 square feet of two buildings in the Dadeland Towers office park. There is a large, safe and secure, parking garage adjacent to one of the buildings in the park, and the facility offers a variety of both indoor and outdoor study areas to accommodate student needs. The Miami Campus teaches computer courses in its own state-of-the-industry computer network laboratory which consists of Intel based workstations, color monitors, laser, and color printers. Students in the Medical Assisting program have laboratory training on campus and Private Investigator students train with video camcorders and 35mm cameras.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City College-Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||263 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||194 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||69 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- City College was originally established as Draughon's College of Business, a branch of Draughon's Junior College of Business founded in 1896, in Paducah, Kentucky. In 1986, the College changed its name to CareerCom College of Business, and in December, 1986, was accredited as a free-standing institution by the Accrediting Commission of the Association of Independent Colleges and Schools. In 1987, the College was purchased by Career City College, Inc., and became known as Career City College. In May, 1988, Career City College, Inc. established a branch campus in Gainesville, Florida. City College offers a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration, as well as Associate of Science degrees programs in Accounting, Broadcasting, Management, Computer Applications, Hospitality, Private Investigation, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic, and Legal Assistant/Paralegal. City College is a not for profit private college currently operating 3 campuses in Florida. City College's campuses are located in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville and Miami. City College, Miami Branch, is located at 5975 Sunset Drive, South Miami, Florida. This building is a beautiful (8) eight story building, of which City College occupies approximately 10,000 square feet on the first and third floors. This building has a large parking ramp attached to the building and is secured for safety. The classrooms are spacious and well lighted. The equipment is up to date and modern. The Miami Campus teaches computer courses in its own state-of-the-industry computer network laboratory which consists of Intel based workstations, color monitors, laser, and color printers. Students in the Medical Assisting program have laboratory training on campus and Private Investigator students train with video camcorders and 35mm cameras. City College is a Senior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Diplomas, Associate of Science and the Bachelor of Science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 26 students | 2.50 Mi9035 Sunset Drive, Suite 200
Miami,  FL  33173
(305) 596-5553 2.5026
- 158 students | 3.00 Mi10506 N Kendall Drive
Miami,  FL  33176
(305) 595-9500 3.00158
- 364 students | 6.00 Mi8230 W Flagler St.
Miami,  FL  33144
(305) 273-4499 6.00364
- 6,227 students | 6.00 Mi1321 SW 107 Ave Ste 201B
Miami,  FL  33174
(954) 400-2000 6.006,227
- 147 students | 6.30 Mi9020 SW 137th Ave
Miami,  FL  33186
(305) 386-9900 6.30147
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.