Brown Mackie College-Kansas City
- The Brown Mackie College family of schools is dedicated to helping our students pursue a college education that can prepare them to launch a career or enhance their current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Our one course a month schedules mean you concentrate on one subject for one month, complete the course in 30 days, then move on to the next course. Our small class sizes are purposely designed so you can receive individualized attention. Each Brown Mackie College school is an energetic learning community where you are supported and encouraged to do your best.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Kansas City||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||458 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||458 students||653 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Kansas City is National American University-Overland Park (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 382 students | 1.80 Mi10310 Mastin
Overland Park,  KS  66212
- 19,429 students | 2.00 Mi12345 College Blvd
Overland Park,  KS  66210
- 580 students | 8.40 Mi1001 E. 101st Terrace, Suite 325
Kansas City,  MO  64131
- 590 students | 11.10 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 6,198 students | 11.40 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.