Brown Mackie College-Kansas City
- The Brown Mackie College family of schools is dedicated to helping our students pursue a college education that can prepare them to launch a career or enhance their current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Our one course a month schedules mean you concentrate on one subject for one month, complete the course in 30 days, then move on to the next course. Our small class sizes are purposely designed so you can receive individualized attention. Each Brown Mackie College school is an energetic learning community where you are supported and encouraged to do your best.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Kansas City||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||458 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||458 students||653 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Kansas City is National American University-Overland Park (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 382 students | 1.80 Mi10310 Mastin
Overland Park,  KS  66212
- 19,429 students | 2.10 Mi12345 College Blvd
Overland Park,  KS  66210
- 580 students | 8.40 Mi1001 E. 101st Terrace, Suite 325
Kansas City,  MO  64131
- 590 students | 11.10 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 18,222 students | 11.10 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.