Baker College of Port Huron
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. Minutes away from the Blue Water Bridge, nestled against a pond, Baker College of Port Huron offers the best of several worlds. We’re conveniently located in the heart of town, yet situated in a peaceful setting. Our programs are structured for students of all ages and circumstances. The Port Huron campus has some of the most advanced classroom and lab environments found on any college campus in the state, yet with small classes, and dedicated instructors, you’ll receive plenty of personalized attention.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Port Huron||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Baker College of Port Huron is St Clair County Community College (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,541 students | 2.10 Mi323 Erie Street
Port Huron, MI 48061
(810) 984-3881 2.103,541
- 3,625 students | 36.90 Mi34950 Little Mack Ave
Clinton Township, MI 48035
(586) 791-6610 36.903,625
- 170 students | 37.00 Mi34401 S Gratiot Ave
Clinton Township, MI 48035
(586) 790-5235 37.00170
- 1,098 students | 40.30 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
(248) 218-2011 40.301,098
- 20,220 students | 41.30 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48088
(586) 445-7999 41.3020,220
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.