- Post-Recession Cliff Looms for Community Colleges
- Save $80K by First Attending Community College
- How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
- Learning the Eco-Friendly Way: Community College Nature-Based Studies and Environmental Clubs
- Fashion Careers Start at Community College Runways
While some teenagers might cringe at the idea of being in a class alongside a parent, others are finding that sharing the experience of community college with Mom or Dad provides unexpected benefits alongside its inevitable challenges.
- The recession is driving many working adults to return to school to pursue a new degree. According to the Tribune, Illinois’s Harper Community College has seen the population of adult students jump by 17.5 percent this semester from spring 2009.
- Tighter family budgets are causing more high school graduates to start taking courses at more affordable community colleges rather than going immediately to a more expensive four-year college or university.
- Practical Benefits - Parents and children may be able to carpool on their way to school, and 19- and 20-year-old community college students often find that being able to meet Mom . . . read more