University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton
- The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton (UACCM) is a two-year, state-supported higher education institution offering university-transfer and career-specific training programs, adult education, workforce education, and community outreach programs. Established in 1961 as Petit Jean Vo-Tech, the institution became the state's second vocational-technical school. In 1991, Petit Jean Vo-Tech converted to a technical college, becoming Petit Jean Technical College, and in 1997 officially changed its name to Petit Jean College. In 2001, the Petit Jean College Board of Trustees voted to affiliate with the University of Arkansas System and be known as the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton. Today, UACCM plays a significant role in the local economy, creating benefits ranging from increased job opportunities and improved quality of life to potential industrial growth and higher tax revenues.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has declined by 42% over five years.
|University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||69 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,995 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,146 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||849 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,700||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From its inception, the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton has served central Arkansas by providing quality educational programs at an affordable cost. UACCM's academic programs make it possible for students to complete an Associate of Arts degree while meeting the general education requirements for transfer into a baccalaureate program at state universities or obtain a technical degree to enter the workforce immediately. Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees designed for university transfer are offered with plans of study in art, business, computer information science, English, general education, surveying technology, and teaching. Associate of Applied Science degrees, Technical Certificates, and Certificates of Proficiency designed for immediate entry into the job market are offered in the areas of accounting, air conditioning and refrigeration, automotive collision repair, automotive technology, business office technology, computer information systems, dietary management, drafting, early childhood development, emergency medical technology-basic, graphic design, nursing assistant, petroleum technology, practical nursing, registered nursing, retail marketing, surveying, and welding. Hands-on training and practical lab exercises are emphasized in these programs, most of which may be completed in one to two years. UACCM has expanded options available to students through its partnerships with other colleges within the University of Arkansas System. The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,241 students | 35.90 Mi3000 W Scenic Dr
North Little Rock,  AR  72118
- 180 students | 36.80 Mi19 Remington Dr.
Little Rock,  AR  72204
- 899 students | 38.80 Mi1621 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
Little Rock,  AR  72202
- 4,140 students | 47.20 Mi1000 Iowa Street
Beebe,  AR  72012
- 3,001 students | 50.70 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.