Platt College-Los Angeles
Tel: (626) 300-5444
- Platt College Students enjoy a rich curriculum of graphic arts courses, information technology and paralegal training. Whether you're looking for multimedia education, information technology networking classes, vocational education, technical or corporate training, Platt College provides career training that leads to success.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Platt College has three campuses located throughout Southern California: Platt College Huntington Beach, Platt College Los Angeles and Platt College Ontario. Platt College Los Angeles is conveniently located within easy access to beautiful California beaches, amusement parks, the entertainment industry and other attractions. Platt College offers Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs ranging from five to twenty months. Graduates from our program have found successful careers as production artists, graphic art designers, advertising art directors, illustrators, layout artists and computer artists, among other professions. The college also offers Corporate training. Every company has unique corporate training needs. That's why we customize our courses to fit your workplace environment and special requirements. Some examples of courses we have offered to corporate clients in the past include Desktop Publishing, Newsletter Design, A+ Computer Installation, Maintenance and Repair, Web Page Design and Microsoft Office Software.
The nearest community college to Platt College-Los Angeles is East Los Angeles College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 35,403 students | 3.00 Mi1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323) 265-8650 3.0035,403
- 212 students | 3.70 Mi1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323) 409-5911 3.70212
- 290 students | 3.80 Mi300 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 568-8850 3.80290
- 4,987 students | 4.10 Mi225 S. Lake Ave., Suite 300
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 264-8880 4.104,987
- 1,792 students | 4.30 Mi530 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 229-1300 4.301,792
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.