Platt College-Los Angeles
- Platt College Students enjoy a rich curriculum of graphic arts courses, information technology and paralegal training. Whether you're looking for multimedia education, information technology networking classes, vocational education, technical or corporate training, Platt College provides career training that leads to success.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||661 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||661 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Platt College has three campuses located throughout Southern California: Platt College Huntington Beach, Platt College Los Angeles and Platt College Ontario. Platt College Los Angeles is conveniently located within easy access to beautiful California beaches, amusement parks, the entertainment industry and other attractions. Platt College offers Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs ranging from five to twenty months. Graduates from our program have found successful careers as production artists, graphic art designers, advertising art directors, illustrators, layout artists and computer artists, among other professions. The college also offers Corporate training. Every company has unique corporate training needs. That's why we customize our courses to fit your workplace environment and special requirements. Some examples of courses we have offered to corporate clients in the past include Desktop Publishing, Newsletter Design, A+ Computer Installation, Maintenance and Repair, Web Page Design and Microsoft Office Software.
- The nearest community college to Platt College-Los Angeles is East Los Angeles College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 36,012 students | 3.00 Mi1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park,  CA  91754
- 204 students | 3.70 Mi1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles,  CA  90033
- 147 students | 3.80 Mi370 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena,  CA  91105
- 1,792 students | 4.30 Mi530 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena,  CA  91101
- 26,611 students | 4.50 Mi1570 E Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena,  CA  91106
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.