Platt College-Los Angeles
- Platt College Students enjoy a rich curriculum of graphic arts courses, information technology and paralegal training. Whether you're looking for multimedia education, information technology networking classes, vocational education, technical or corporate training, Platt College provides career training that leads to success.
Platt College-Los Angeles serves 717 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 87% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 717 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,820
- Acceptance Rate: 93%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 87%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Platt College-Los Angeles ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 92 teachers has grown by 217% over five years.
Platt College-Los Angeles
(CA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Platt College-Los Angeles has grown by 22% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Platt College-Los Angeles diversity score of 0.69 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $14,820 is less than the state average of $20,540. The private state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Platt College has three campuses located throughout Southern California: Platt College Huntington Beach, Platt College Los Angeles and Platt College Ontario. Platt College Los Angeles is conveniently located within easy access to beautiful California beaches, amusement parks, the entertainment industry and other attractions. Platt College offers Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs ranging from five to twenty months. Graduates from our program have found successful careers as production artists, graphic art designers, advertising art directors, illustrators, layout artists and computer artists, among other professions. The college also offers Corporate training. Every company has unique corporate training needs. That's why we customize our courses to fit your workplace environment and special requirements. Some examples of courses we have offered to corporate clients in the past include Desktop Publishing, Newsletter Design, A+ Computer Installation, Maintenance and Repair, Web Page Design and Microsoft Office Software.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Platt College-Los Angeles cost?
Platt College-Los Angeles's private state tuition is approximately $14,820.
What is the acceptance rate of Platt College-Los Angeles?
The acceptance rate of Platt College-Los Angeles is 93%, which is higher than the state average of 86%.
What is Platt College-Los Angeles's ranking?
Platt College-Los Angeles ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Average community college minority breakdown.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.