Platt College-Los Angeles
- Platt College Students enjoy a rich curriculum of graphic arts courses, information technology and paralegal training. Whether you're looking for multimedia education, information technology networking classes, vocational education, technical or corporate training, Platt College provides career training that leads to success.
Platt College-Los Angeles serves 727 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 24:1.
Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 77%.
- Enrollment: 727 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,820
- Acceptance Rate: 93%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 88%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 92 teachers has grown by 283% over five years.
Platt College-Los Angeles
(CA) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools
Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Platt College-Los Angeles has grown by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five years.
The Platt College-Los Angeles diversity score of 0.59 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $14,820 is less than the state average of $20,964. The private state tuition has grown by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Platt College has three campuses located throughout Southern California: Platt College Huntington Beach, Platt College Los Angeles and Platt College Ontario. Platt College Los Angeles is conveniently located within easy access to beautiful California beaches, amusement parks, the entertainment industry and other attractions. Platt College offers Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs ranging from five to twenty months. Graduates from our program have found successful careers as production artists, graphic art designers, advertising art directors, illustrators, layout artists and computer artists, among other professions. The college also offers Corporate training. Every company has unique corporate training needs. That's why we customize our courses to fit your workplace environment and special requirements. Some examples of courses we have offered to corporate clients in the past include Desktop Publishing, Newsletter Design, A+ Computer Installation, Maintenance and Repair, Web Page Design and Microsoft Office Software.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Platt College-Los Angeles cost?
Platt College-Los Angeles's private state tuition is approximately $14,820.
What is the acceptance rate of Platt College-Los Angeles?
The acceptance rate of Platt College-Los Angeles is 93%, which is higher than the state average of 86%.
10 STEM Degrees You Can Earn at Your Local Community College
We highlight some of the best degrees offered by community colleges in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Community College Students Headed to NASA
Some community college scholars have been selected by NASA to design robotic rovers. Learn about the program and some of the students selected.
Get Your Feet Wet with a WaterBotics Camp at Your Local Community College
This summer, community colleges across the country have been participating in an innovative program known as “Waterbotics,” developed at the Stevens Institute of Technology by the Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education.