Platt College-Los Angeles
- Platt College Students enjoy a rich curriculum of graphic arts courses, information technology and paralegal training. Whether you're looking for multimedia education, information technology networking classes, vocational education, technical or corporate training, Platt College provides career training that leads to success.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||661 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||661 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Platt College has three campuses located throughout Southern California: Platt College Huntington Beach, Platt College Los Angeles and Platt College Ontario. Platt College Los Angeles is conveniently located within easy access to beautiful California beaches, amusement parks, the entertainment industry and other attractions. Platt College offers Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs ranging from five to twenty months. Graduates from our program have found successful careers as production artists, graphic art designers, advertising art directors, illustrators, layout artists and computer artists, among other professions. The college also offers Corporate training. Every company has unique corporate training needs. That's why we customize our courses to fit your workplace environment and special requirements. Some examples of courses we have offered to corporate clients in the past include Desktop Publishing, Newsletter Design, A+ Computer Installation, Maintenance and Repair, Web Page Design and Microsoft Office Software.
- The nearest community college to Platt College-Los Angeles is Los Angeles College of Music (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 147 students | 3.30 Mi370 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena,  CA  91105
- 26,611 students | 3.40 Mi1570 E Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena,  CA  91106
- 1,792 students | 3.50 Mi530 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena,  CA  91101
- 36,012 students | 4.10 Mi1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park,  CA  91754
- 204 students | 5.40 Mi1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles,  CA  90033
Learn about the free and reduced-fee tuition offered at many community colleges, who are hoping to help unemployed individuals advance their job skills to re-enter into the workforce.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.