Tel: (626) 963-0323
- Citrus College, a public community college and part of the California Community College system, furthers the economic development of the region and the state by providing education and vocational training and offers cultural opportunities for the greater San Gabriel and Pomona valleys.
The teacher population of 275 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Citrus College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||275 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Citrus College is a Public Community College serving the communities of Azusa, Bradbury, Claremont, Duarte, Glendora and Monrovia. It is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The college enrolled 28 students in 1915 and currently the college serves more than 12,000 students each fall and spring semester. The Citrus College Lifelong Learning Center was designed with career training in mind. With the addition of classrooms, labs, computers and office machinery, the new building serves as the base of operations for the Continuing Education and CalWORKs programs.
The nearest community college to Citrus College is East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program & Technical Center (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 332 students | 5.20 Mi1501 W. Del Norte St.
West Covina,  CA  91790
(626) 472-5101 5.20332
- 28,036 students | 6.70 Mi1100 N Grand Ave
Walnut,  CA  91789
(909) 274-7500 6.7028,036
- 889 students | 11.00 Mi12801 Crossroads Parkway South
La Puente,  CA  91746
(562) 908-2500 11.00889
- 16,263 students | 12.10 Mi3600 Workman Mill Rd
Whittier,  CA  90601
(562) 692-0921 12.1016,263
- 26,611 students | 13.50 Mi1570 E Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena,  CA  91106
(626) 585-7123 13.5026,611
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!