Tel: (626) 963-0323
- Citrus College, a public community college and part of the California Community College system, furthers the economic development of the region and the state by providing education and vocational training and offers cultural opportunities for the greater San Gabriel and Pomona valleys.
The teacher population of 275 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Citrus College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||275 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Citrus College is a Public Community College serving the communities of Azusa, Bradbury, Claremont, Duarte, Glendora and Monrovia. It is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The college enrolled 28 students in 1915 and currently the college serves more than 12,000 students each fall and spring semester. The Citrus College Lifelong Learning Center was designed with career training in mind. With the addition of classrooms, labs, computers and office machinery, the new building serves as the base of operations for the Continuing Education and CalWORKs programs.
The nearest community college to Citrus College is East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 139 students | 5.20 Mi1501 W Del Norte St.
West Covina, CA 91790
(626) 472-5134 5.20139
- 29,346 students | 6.70 Mi1100 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789
(909) 594-5611 6.7029,346
- 617 students | 9.50 Mi535 Watson Dr
Claremont, CA 91711
(909) 607-7855 9.50617
- 889 students | 11.00 Mi12801 Crossroads Parkway South
La Puente, CA 91746
(562) 908-2500 11.00889
- 19,997 students | 12.10 Mi3600 Workman Mill Rd
Whittier, CA 90601
(562) 692-0921 12.1019,997
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?