Mohave Community College
- The teacher population of 168 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mohave Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||168 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,744 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,082 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,662 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,200||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mohave Community College was established in 1971, became part of the Arizona Community College System in 1974 and was first accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges in 1981. MCC has four physical campuses: Bullhead City campus, Neal Campus - Kingman, Lake Havasu City campus and the North Mohave Campus in Colorado City, and an extensive distance education program through the MCC-Online campus. The campuses house a library, bookstore and computer center that are open to the public. Mohave Community College can be your stepping stone to a high-demand career or advanced college degrees and other specialized education through the partnerships that MCC has established with 17 premiere higher education institutions. These institutions offer seamless transfer of most MCC credits and programs to bachelor's degree programs. The Small Business Development Center operates as a partnership between MCC, the Small Business Association and SBDC to provide free, one-on-one, confidential counseling services to small business owners. The work of this partnership can greatly enhance a small business' chances for success.
- The nearest community college to Mohave Community College is Everest College-Henderson (77.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 800 students | 77.90 Mi170 North Stephaine Suite 145
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 952 students | 79.20 Mi2350 Corporate Circle
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 988 students | 83.90 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
- 944 students | 88.80 Mi3535 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas,  NV  89102
- 31,023 students | 91.00 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.