Mohave Community College
- The teacher population of 168 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mohave Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||168 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,744 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,082 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,662 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,200||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mohave Community College was established in 1971, became part of the Arizona Community College System in 1974 and was first accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges in 1981. MCC has four physical campuses: Bullhead City campus, Neal Campus - Kingman, Lake Havasu City campus and the North Mohave Campus in Colorado City, and an extensive distance education program through the MCC-Online campus. The campuses house a library, bookstore and computer center that are open to the public. Mohave Community College can be your stepping stone to a high-demand career or advanced college degrees and other specialized education through the partnerships that MCC has established with 17 premiere higher education institutions. These institutions offer seamless transfer of most MCC credits and programs to bachelor's degree programs. The Small Business Development Center operates as a partnership between MCC, the Small Business Association and SBDC to provide free, one-on-one, confidential counseling services to small business owners. The work of this partnership can greatly enhance a small business' chances for success.
- The nearest community college to Mohave Community College is Everest College-Henderson (77.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 800 students | 77.90 Mi170 North Stephaine Suite 145
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 952 students | 79.20 Mi2350 Corporate Circle
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 988 students | 83.90 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
- 31,023 students | 91.00 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
- 587 students | 96.00 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89144
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.