Top Saint Louis County Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 7 top community colleges in Saint Louis County, Minnesota, serving 10,379 students.
- The average tuition is approximately $5,272 per year for in-state students and $7,101 for out-of-state students. (view national tuition costs).
- Saint Louis County, MN community colleges have a diversity score of 0.24, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), and the student:teacher ratio is 33:1.
Top Saint Louis County Community Colleges (2018-19)
- College Location Students
- 4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN 55807
- 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN 55426
- 1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN 55746
- 2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN 55811
- 1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN 55792
- 1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN 55734
- 1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN 55731
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.