Miami International University of Art & Design-Art Institute Dallas
Tel: (214) 692-8080
- The Art Institute of Dallas is a private college for creative professional studies based upon focused and balanced curricula. Our college prepares students for careers in design, media arts and culinary arts by providing an intensive educational environment and by responding to changing technology in order to meet the opportunities of a global economy.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Miami International University of Art & Design-Art Institute Dallas||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Art Institute of Dallas is a design, media arts and culinary arts post-secondary school offering bachelor's and associate's degrees in Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising, Interior Design, Digital Media Production, Video Production, Fashion Design, Interactive Media Design and Media Arts & Animation. The school is one of over 40 Art Institutes located in major cities throughout North America. The school was designed with the creative student in mind. Spacious classrooms and equipped studios, professional skills kitchens and both Mac and PC computer labs offer a productive working atmosphere to explore and render creativity. The school also includes a library resource center, student gallery, student deli, an art supply store, staff and faculty offices and other amenities. Also on campus is the Chef's Gallery, a restaurant open to the public that's operated by senior level culinary students and overseen by professional chef faculty. The Art Institute of Dallas helps prepare its students for the competitive marketplace by teaching real-world, professional skills and directs students' portfolio development and professional resume creation. The Art Institute of Dallas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, Associate and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees.
The nearest community college to Miami International University of Art & Design-Art Institute Dallas is Richland College (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,032 students | 4.30 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas,  TX  75243
(972) 238-6100 4.3020,032
- 165 students | 5.60 Mi1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080 Dallas INFOMART
Dallas,  TX  75207
(214) 637-3530 5.60165
- 768 students | 5.90 Mi300 N. Coit Rd, Suite 300
Richardson,  TX  75080
(972) 733-3431 5.90768
- 111 students | 6.00 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
(214) 638-0484 6.00111
- 13,726 students | 6.30 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Farmers Branch,  TX  75244
(972) 860-4700 6.3013,726
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.