McLennan Community College
McLennan Community College Photo #4 - Students walking towards classes at McLennan Community College.
McLennan Community College Photo #6 - McLennan's mascot Mac the Highlander posing with athletic students.
- You`ll find a world of opportunity, exceptional learning environments, inspiring instructors and so much more. At McLennan, we stress student success. So whatever your educational goals are, we`ll help you reach them.Here are just a few of the reasons to come to McLennan:Small classes with individualized attention from professorsCutting-edge technology and facilitiesField research opportunitiesBeautiful campus next to Cameron Park and the Bosque RiverCulture of service, enrichment and achievement
The teacher population of 305 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|McLennan Community College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||305 staff||121 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Baptist Student Ministry, Biology Club, Black Student Association, Circle K International, Engineering and Physics Club at MCC, Hispanic Student Association, MCC Sunrise Rotaract, MCC Women's Leadership Association, MCC Young Democrats, McLennan Pride, NAMI On Campus Waco (Tarleton), Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society), Psi Beta (Psychology Honor Society), Sigma Kappa Delta (English Honor Society), Student Council, Student Veterans of America (SVA), The MCC History Student Association, TRIO Student Association, Workforce majors student organizations
Arts and Music Programs:
McLennan Theatre, Music Student Association, Pep Band
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- McLennan is located on a scenic 215-acre campus adjacent to Cameron Park and the Bosque River. Nestled among rolling hills and large trees, McLennan has been recognized statewide for its natural beauty and outstanding architecture.The college also owns Highlander Ranch, a 200-acre horse farm located about five miles from campus, and has an Emergency Services Education Center off-campus near the Waco Regional Airport. The campus features 22 buildings with 565,806 square feet of space. The 70,000 square-foot Learning Technology Center, completed in 2002, and its adjacent plaza are the focal point of the campus. MCC awards the Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science transfer degrees through the Arts and Sciences division. The Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) workforce education degree and one-year certificates of completion in technical fields are awarded through the Workforce Education division. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and the Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) are awarded through the Continuing Education division. McLennan Community College is accredited to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Sciences degrees.
The nearest community college to McLennan Community College is Texas State Technical College (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,445 students | 6.10 Mi3801 Campus Drive
Waco, TX 76705
(800) 792-8784 6.1012,445
- 4,447 students | 29.70 Mi112 Lamar Dr
Hillsboro, TX 76645
(254) 659-7500 29.704,447
- 4,911 students | 37.30 Mi2600 S 1st St
Temple, TX 76504
(254) 298-8282 37.304,911
- 16,073 students | 49.70 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen, TX 76549
(254) 526-7161 49.7016,073
- 8,601 students | 51.90 Mi3200 W 7th Avenue
Corsicana, TX 75110
(903) 874-6501 51.908,601
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.