Lincoln College of New England-Southington (Closed 2020)
- Briarwood College is a private, coeducational residential college that fosters a student-centered philosophy and commitment to lifelong learning. The mission of the College is to provide students with a quality education that promotes the importance of liberal education, the need for critical thinking, good communication skills, a strong work ethic and success in their chosen careers. The College encourages each student to achieve self-worth and confidence, self-discipline, and responsible citizenship in a culturally diverse environment. Briarwood College advocates active student outreach and service to others in local and global communities.
The teacher population of 71 teachers has declined by 6% over five years.
|Lincoln College of New England-Southington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||71 staff||154 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1966 as the Briarwood Secretarial School, the institution became Briarwood College in 1979. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the State of Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education. Briarwood's 43-acre campus, nestled at the base of Mount Southington, is approximately 20 miles from downtown Hartford, and is easily accessible to Bradley International Airport. The campus setting, while minutes away from the town and Interstate I-84, projects a picturesque and spacious quality. It is only a few miles from Queen Street, a major local thoroughfare offering numerous shops, restaurants, and services. Nearby is a popular amusement park, Lake Compounce, as well as an 18-hole golf course, fitness center, the Mount Southington ski area, and the headquarters of ESPN, the world leader in sports broadcasting. Our curriculum is structured and scheduled to encourage and facilitate lifelong learning. We offer part-time opportunities, evening classes, on-line courses, an accelerated Saturday College Flex Express option designed for working adults, and a variety of continuing education offerings through our Division of Lifelong Learning. Pool Tournaments, movie nights, International Day, club events, Gold's Gym workouts, holiday festivities and monthly calendars full of on-campus and off-campus activities keep students busy throughout the year.
The nearest community college to Lincoln College of New England-Southington is Tunxis Community College (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,781 students | 5.60 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
(860) 773-1300 5.603,781
- 806 students | 8.00 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
(860) 486-2000 8.00806
- 6,055 students | 9.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203) 575-8000 9.606,055
- 3,083 students | 15.90 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 906-5000 15.903,083
- 2,424 students | 17.20 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 343-5701 17.202,424
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.