Lincoln College of New England-Southington
Tel: (860) 628-4751
- Briarwood College is a private, coeducational residential college that fosters a student-centered philosophy and commitment to lifelong learning. The mission of the College is to provide students with a quality education that promotes the importance of liberal education, the need for critical thinking, good communication skills, a strong work ethic and success in their chosen careers. The College encourages each student to achieve self-worth and confidence, self-discipline, and responsible citizenship in a culturally diverse environment. Briarwood College advocates active student outreach and service to others in local and global communities.
The teacher population of 71 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln College of New England-Southington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||71 staff||154 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1966 as the Briarwood Secretarial School, the institution became Briarwood College in 1979. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the State of Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education. Briarwood's 43-acre campus, nestled at the base of Mount Southington, is approximately 20 miles from downtown Hartford, and is easily accessible to Bradley International Airport. The campus setting, while minutes away from the town and Interstate I-84, projects a picturesque and spacious quality. It is only a few miles from Queen Street, a major local thoroughfare offering numerous shops, restaurants, and services. Nearby is a popular amusement park, Lake Compounce, as well as an 18-hole golf course, fitness center, the Mount Southington ski area, and the headquarters of ESPN, the world leader in sports broadcasting. Our curriculum is structured and scheduled to encourage and facilitate lifelong learning. We offer part-time opportunities, evening classes, on-line courses, an accelerated Saturday College Flex Express option designed for working adults, and a variety of continuing education offerings through our Division of Lifelong Learning. Pool Tournaments, movie nights, International Day, club events, Gold's Gym workouts, holiday festivities and monthly calendars full of on-campus and off-campus activities keep students busy throughout the year.
The nearest community college to Lincoln College of New England-Southington is Tunxis Community College (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,902 students | 5.60 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
(860) 773-1300 5.603,902
- 6,237 students | 9.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203) 575-8040 9.606,237
- 3,290 students | 15.90 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 906-5000 15.903,290
- 2,547 students | 17.20 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 343-5701 17.202,547
- 3,397 students | 18.00 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford, CT 06118
(860) 528-4111 18.003,397
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.