Lincoln College of New England-Southington
Tel: (860) 628-4751
- Briarwood College is a private, coeducational residential college that fosters a student-centered philosophy and commitment to lifelong learning. The mission of the College is to provide students with a quality education that promotes the importance of liberal education, the need for critical thinking, good communication skills, a strong work ethic and success in their chosen careers. The College encourages each student to achieve self-worth and confidence, self-discipline, and responsible citizenship in a culturally diverse environment. Briarwood College advocates active student outreach and service to others in local and global communities.
The teacher population of 71 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln College of New England-Southington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||71 staff||105 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1966 as the Briarwood Secretarial School, the institution became Briarwood College in 1979. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the State of Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education. Briarwood's 43-acre campus, nestled at the base of Mount Southington, is approximately 20 miles from downtown Hartford, and is easily accessible to Bradley International Airport. The campus setting, while minutes away from the town and Interstate I-84, projects a picturesque and spacious quality. It is only a few miles from Queen Street, a major local thoroughfare offering numerous shops, restaurants, and services. Nearby is a popular amusement park, Lake Compounce, as well as an 18-hole golf course, fitness center, the Mount Southington ski area, and the headquarters of ESPN, the world leader in sports broadcasting. Our curriculum is structured and scheduled to encourage and facilitate lifelong learning. We offer part-time opportunities, evening classes, on-line courses, an accelerated Saturday College Flex Express option designed for working adults, and a variety of continuing education offerings through our Division of Lifelong Learning. Pool Tournaments, movie nights, International Day, club events, Gold's Gym workouts, holiday festivities and monthly calendars full of on-campus and off-campus activities keep students busy throughout the year.
The nearest community college to Lincoln College of New England-Southington is Tunxis Community College (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,902 students | 5.60 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
(860) 773-1300 5.603,902
- 865 students | 8.00 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
(860) 486-2000 8.00865
- 6,237 students | 9.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
(203) 575-8040 9.606,237
- 3,290 students | 15.90 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
(860) 906-5000 15.903,290
- 2,547 students | 17.20 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
(860) 343-5701 17.202,547
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.