Lincoln College of New England-Southington
- Briarwood College is a private, coeducational residential college that fosters a student-centered philosophy and commitment to lifelong learning. The mission of the College is to provide students with a quality education that promotes the importance of liberal education, the need for critical thinking, good communication skills, a strong work ethic and success in their chosen careers. The College encourages each student to achieve self-worth and confidence, self-discipline, and responsible citizenship in a culturally diverse environment. Briarwood College advocates active student outreach and service to others in local and global communities.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 22% over five years.
|Lincoln College of New England-Southington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||71 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||715 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||451 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||264 students||1,843 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||204||204|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$35,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1966 as the Briarwood Secretarial School, the institution became Briarwood College in 1979. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the State of Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education. Briarwood's 43-acre campus, nestled at the base of Mount Southington, is approximately 20 miles from downtown Hartford, and is easily accessible to Bradley International Airport. The campus setting, while minutes away from the town and Interstate I-84, projects a picturesque and spacious quality. It is only a few miles from Queen Street, a major local thoroughfare offering numerous shops, restaurants, and services. Nearby is a popular amusement park, Lake Compounce, as well as an 18-hole golf course, fitness center, the Mount Southington ski area, and the headquarters of ESPN, the world leader in sports broadcasting. Our curriculum is structured and scheduled to encourage and facilitate lifelong learning. We offer part-time opportunities, evening classes, on-line courses, an accelerated Saturday College Flex Express option designed for working adults, and a variety of continuing education offerings through our Division of Lifelong Learning. Pool Tournaments, movie nights, International Day, club events, Gold's Gym workouts, holiday festivities and monthly calendars full of on-campus and off-campus activities keep students busy throughout the year.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 5.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 2,384 students | 8.10 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
- 7,102 students | 9.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
- 4,075 students | 15.90 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,440 students | 16.40 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.