LA College International (Closed 2013)
|LA College International||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||10|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,300||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2012)||82%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$18,784||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$7,050||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||77%||94%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1981, centrally located on Wilshire Boulevard near downtown Los Angeles, ICT tailors its curricula-the specific classes you'll be taking-to match the modern needs of the Information Technology marketplace. ICT College in Los Angeles offers a wide range of programs, helping those looking for massage schools, computer training or a business training institute find the education they need to increase their opportunities for success. At ICT College, classes are limited in size to help you get the most out of highly trained and experienced instructors, and financial aid is available to those who qualify! Graduates are trained professionals with the skills necessary to keep pace in today's workforce – and the ICT placement programs are dedicated to helping students find jobs that utilize their newfound abilities. ICT College offers its degree programs for high school graduates and persons possessing a GED or the equivalent. For these potential students, ICT College offers a variety of educational and degree programs as well as vocational training programs. ICT College wishes to serve a diverse, multicultural community and to address the goals of both degree-bound and short-term students. ICT College began its teaching work in the field of computer science and then expanded into business management. ICT College will respond to changes in the employment marketplace, and offer new programs as the world economy develops. For its degree programs, ICT College combines general education and specialized education, in order to develop both the person and the professional, and to help students develop their learning and prepare for fruitful careers. ICT College was accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools (NATTS) in July, 1985, and is therefore eligible to offer Federally Guaranteed Student Loans and Grants to qualified students. NATTS was later renamed to the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to LA College International is Bryan University (Los Angeles) (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,358 students | 0.60 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
- 1,613 students | 1.30 Mi4021 Rosewood Avenue
Los Angeles,  CA  90004
- 1,659 students | 1.30 Mi12215 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 18,756 students | 2.00 Mi855 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles,  CA  90029
- 3,142 students | 2.20 Mi919 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles,  CA  90015
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.