- Students are often surprised at what they find at Herzing University: An individualized approach to exploring their career choice in gaining admission to the University; small classes where instructors and staff know their names; demanding and confidence-building coursework; and people that truly care about their success. Building upon Herzing’s rich 40-year history of preparing students for careers, Herzing University – Toledo campus offers educational programs in: Healthcare, Business, Technology, Design & Public Safety. Herzing University occupies a 17,000-square-foot building that was remodeled in 2008. The building is designed to facilitate the learning process. In addition to a large library/resource room, a wireless network, and modern classrooms, the facility offers a nice student lounge and is easily accessible by car and mass transit.
Herzing University-Toledo places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herzing University-Toledo||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||193 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||107 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||86 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Toledo is Herzing University Toledo (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 213 students | 0.00 Mi5212 Hill Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43615
- 286 students | 2.40 Mi1505 Holland Road
Maumee,  OH  43537
- 708 students | 4.00 Mi1796 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee,  OH  43537
- 193 students | 4.10 Mi4747 Monroe St
Toledo,  OH  43623
- 1,512 students | 6.00 Mi2221 Madison Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43604
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.