Bryan University (Topeka)
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 37% over five years.
|Bryan University (Topeka)||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||63 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||63 students||653 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bryan University (Topeka) is Pinnacle Career Institute-Lawrence (27.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 113 students | 27.10 Mi1601 W 23rd Street, Suite 200
Lawrence,  KS  66046
- 766 students | 48.00 Mi3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan,  KS  66503
- 289 students | 48.90 Mi1501 W Riley St
Atchison,  KS  66002
- 836 students | 49.60 Mi3301 W 18th St
Emporia,  KS  66801
- 6,198 students | 53.70 Mi7250 State Ave
Kansas City,  KS  66112
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.