American Commercial College-Lubbock
|American Commercial College-Lubbock||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||46%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,350|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,398|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- American Commercial Colleges, Inc. was founded in 1957 by W.D.Sheets. His vision was to offer quality programs using current technology and equipment that allowed the student to begin a new career in the shortest time possible. That tradition continues today. The college has campuses located at Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Odessa, Abilene and San Angelo. American Commercial College offers diploma programs in Computerized Accounting Specialist, Computerized Administrative Assistant, Advanced Business Computers, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Office Specialist, Data Entry Specialist, Medical Records Transcriptionist, Computer-Aided Drafting & Design and Networking and Information Technology.
The nearest community college to American Commercial College-Lubbock is Kaplan College-Lubbock (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 314 students | 1.70 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401
(806) 765-7051 1.70314
- 9,661 students | 29.20 Mi1401 S. College Ave
Levelland,  TX  79336
(806) 894-9611 29.209,661
- 2,179 students | 82.00 Mi6200 College Ave
Snyder,  TX  79549
(325) 573-8511 82.002,179
- 115 students | 91.80 Mi3200 Ave C
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-3700 91.80115
- 3,756 students | 93.70 Mi1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-5000 93.703,756
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!