American Commercial College-Lubbock
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (806) 747-4339
- American Commercial College offer fast-track computer career training that is designed to put you to work as quickly as possible in today's, and tomorrow's, high-demand business and technology environment.
|American Commercial College-Lubbock||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||46%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,350|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,398|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- American Commercial Colleges, Inc. was founded in 1957 by W.D.Sheets. His vision was to offer quality programs using current technology and equipment that allowed the student to begin a new career in the shortest time possible. That tradition continues today. The college has campuses located at Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Odessa, Abilene and San Angelo. American Commercial College offers diploma programs in Computerized Accounting Specialist, Computerized Administrative Assistant, Advanced Business Computers, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Office Specialist, Data Entry Specialist, Medical Records Transcriptionist, Computer-Aided Drafting & Design and Networking and Information Technology.
The nearest community college to American Commercial College-Lubbock is Kaplan College-Lubbock (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 314 students | 1.70 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401
(806) 765-7051 1.70314
- 9,310 students | 29.20 Mi1401 S. College Ave
Levelland,  TX  79336
(806) 894-9611 29.209,310
- 2,179 students | 82.00 Mi6200 College Ave
Snyder,  TX  79549
(325) 573-8511 82.002,179
- 87 students | 91.80 Mi3200 Ave C
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-3700 91.8087
- 4,485 students | 93.70 Mi1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-5000 93.704,485
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.