Pennsylvania Highlands Community College (Huntingdon)
Tel: (814) 643-6200
- The Pennsylvania Highlands Community College, Huntingdon Education Center provides high-quality educational opportunities to residents of Huntingdon County and surrounding areas. Degree opportunities include accounting, business administration, criminal justice, education, healthcare technology specialist and general studies.
|Pennsylvania Highlands Community College (Huntingdon)||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 215-662-5606. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency, which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation.
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania Highlands Community College (Huntingdon) is Du Bois Business College-Huntingdon (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 1.60 MiHuntingdon Cnty Campus 1001 Moore Street
Huntingdon,  PA  16652
(814) 371-6920 1.6080
- 630 students | 23.20 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
(814) 234-7755 23.20630
- 2,814 students | 43.70 Mi101 Community College Way
Johnstown,  PA  15904
(814) 262-6400 43.702,814
- 142 students | 46.60 Mi221 Central Ave
Johnstown,  PA  15902
(814) 536-5168 46.60142
- 940 students | 51.60 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
(717) 749-6000 51.60940
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!