Pasadena City College
Tel: (626) 585-7123
- The mission of Pasadena City College is successful student learning. The College provides high-quality, academically rigorous instruction in a comprehensive transfer and vocational curriculum, as well as learning activities designed to improve the economic condition and quality of life of the diverse communities within the College service area.
The teacher population of 656 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pasadena City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||656 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pasadena City College is one of America's top community colleges, with a strong reputation for academics and leading-edge technology. Pasadena City College is located in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena, California, USA. It often called by its acronym, PCC. Its current president is Dr. James Kossler. Pasadena City College can trace its roots back to 1911 when eighteen acres were acquired for the construction of a new campus for Pasadena High School. An additional nineteen acres were purchased in 1923 expanding the campus to 37.39 aces. The property was bounded on the north by Colorado Boulevard, the east by Sierra Bonita Avenue, the south by Blanch Street (later Del Mar) and the west by Hill Avenue. Pasadena City College sponsors intercollegiate teams through the Physical Education Division. We offer 16 intercollegiate sports teams in 11 different sports.
The nearest community college to Pasadena City College is University of the People (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,987 students | 0.90 Mi225 S. Lake Ave., Suite 300
Pasadena,  CA  91101
(626) 264-8880 0.904,987
- 1,792 students | 1.30 Mi530 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena,  CA  91101
(626) 229-1300 1.301,792
- 290 students | 1.90 Mi300 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena,  CA  91105
(626) 568-8850 1.90290
- 570 students | 4.50 Mi1000 South Fremont Avenue, A10
Alhambra,  CA  91803
(626) 300-5444 4.50570
- 13,892 students | 6.70 Mi1500 N Verdugo Rd
Glendale,  CA  91208
(818) 240-1000 6.7013,892
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.