Pasadena City College
Tel: (626) 585-7123
- The mission of Pasadena City College is successful student learning. The College provides high-quality, academically rigorous instruction in a comprehensive transfer and vocational curriculum, as well as learning activities designed to improve the economic condition and quality of life of the diverse communities within the College service area.
- The teacher population of 656 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pasadena City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||656 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||26,611 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,401 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16,210 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,500||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pasadena City College is one of America's top community colleges, with a strong reputation for academics and leading-edge technology. Pasadena City College is located in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena, California, USA. It often called by its acronym, PCC. Its current president is Dr. James Kossler. Pasadena City College can trace its roots back to 1911 when eighteen acres were acquired for the construction of a new campus for Pasadena High School. An additional nineteen acres were purchased in 1923 expanding the campus to 37.39 aces. The property was bounded on the north by Colorado Boulevard, the east by Sierra Bonita Avenue, the south by Blanch Street (later Del Mar) and the west by Hill Avenue. Pasadena City College sponsors intercollegiate teams through the Physical Education Division. We offer 16 intercollegiate sports teams in 11 different sports.
- The nearest community college to Pasadena City College is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Pasadena (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,792 students | 1.30 Mi530 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena,  CA  91101
(626) 229-1300 1.301,792
- 147 students | 1.90 Mi370 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena,  CA  91105
(626) 568-8850 1.90147
- 661 students | 4.50 Mi1000 South Fremont Avenue, A10
Alhambra,  CA  91803
(626) 300-5444 4.50661
- 15,112 students | 6.70 Mi1500 N Verdugo Rd
Glendale,  CA  91208
(818) 240-1000 6.7015,112
- 36,012 students | 7.30 Mi1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park,  CA  91754
(323) 265-8650 7.3036,012
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.