Gateway Community College
Tel: (203) 285-2000
- Gateway Community College offers high-quality instruction and comprehensive services in an environment conducive to learning. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population.
The teacher population of 636 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gateway Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||636 staff||154 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gateway Community College is located in beautiful downtown New Haven with a satelite campus containing the Automotive division in North Haven. The college offers over 70 academic programs or program options that lead to either associate in arts, associate in science, or associate in applied science degrees, or certificates. Courses are offered at convenient times for both full-time and part-time study during the day, evenings and Saturday mornings. The Gateway faculty ranks among the finest educators in Connecticut.The community also benefits from numerous continuing education, credit-free offerings. Gateway Community College is licensed and accredited by the Board of Regents for Higher Education in Connecticut. The college also is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Gateway Community College service area includes the following: Bethany, Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge.The Center for Educational Services (CES) provides academic support services for students. The CES provides a wide range of self-paced, graded curriculum materials, tutorial assistance and related services to help students become better skilled in selected areas. Video and computer assisted tutorials are especially useful for review and practice of basic skills, math, English and the sciences.
The nearest community college to Gateway Community College is St Vincent's College (15.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 751 students | 15.90 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203) 576-5235 15.90751
- 5,012 students | 16.40 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203) 332-5000 16.405,012
- 6,237 students | 18.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203) 575-8040 18.606,237
- 715 students | 22.50 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington, CT 06489
(860) 628-4751 22.50715
- 2,547 students | 23.00 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 343-5701 23.002,547
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.