Everest University-Pompano Beach
- At our Pompano Beach campus, we specialize in offering training that meets the demands of today’s career expectations. It is our goal to give our students the right training so they are able to succeed in their career field. Our faculty has the academic credentials and real-world experience that will give you practical advice in each subject area. If you need extra help with a subject, the Student Ambassadors and faculty offer tutoring. The Student Ambassadors Program has been awarded the U.S. Department of Commerce "Export Achievement Certificate" recognizing business clients of the Commerce Departments U.S. commercial service. Every year we also have a Broward Education Foundation Annual Scholarship celebration.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 6% over five years.
|Everest University-Pompano Beach||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,548 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||855 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||693 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||770 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||85 students||30 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-Pompano Beach is Florida College of Natural Health-Pompano Beach (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 203 students | 4.10 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 575 students | 5.30 Mi2000 W. Commerical Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 44,119 students | 8.30 Mi111 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33301
- 175 students | 8.60 Mi4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 224
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33313
- 2,424 students | 11.00 Mi5002 T-Rex Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton,  FL  33431
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.