Lincoln College News
Browse past news stories for Lincoln College in Lincoln, IL.
- Lincoln College gets $2.2 million federal grant - Lincoln Courier
posted on September 15, 2016 at 12:00:36 am
Lincoln College announced this week that it will use a $2.2 million federal grant toward efforts to support the academic success of its student body over the ...
- Lincoln College volleyball falls to top-ranked Parkland - Lincoln Courier
posted on September 14, 2016 at 07:33:16 pm
LINCOLN- The Lincoln College volleyball team forced a third set against defending NJCAA Div. 2 National Champions Parkland College on Tuesday but the Cobras went on to win the mat ...
- Lincoln College receiving $2.2 million grant - WAND
posted on September 13, 2016 at 04:09:11 pm
LINCOLN - Lincoln College officials say the institution has received a Title III grant worth $2.2 million. The multimillion-dollar grant will be ...
- Volleyball splits weekend matches with Lincoln Trail, Lincoln colleges - WJBD Online
posted on September 12, 2016 at 03:01:50 pm
12, 2016) - The Rend Lake College Women's Volleyball team split their weekend games during a home tri-match against Lincoln Trail College (LTC) and Lincoln Colle ...
- Lincoln College announces record enrollment - Lincoln Courier
posted on September 8, 2016 at 12:15:24 am
Lincoln College announced Wednesday that the enrollment increase for the current academic year has been one of the largest in the college's 151-year history. The 1,068 students enrolled for the 2016-17 academic y ...
- Lincoln College to host Grand Soirée fundraiser Sept. 24 - Lincoln Courier
posted on September 2, 2016 at 08:39:52 pm
Lincoln College will host its annual Grand Soirée fundraiser at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 24 in the Jack D. Nutt Arena, 1115 Nicholson Road, Lincoln. The event will ce ...
- Day two of school bus woes for Lincoln College Prep Academy; company speaks - KSHB
posted on August 17, 2016 at 01:03:55 pm
For a second day in a row, KCPS Superintendent Mark Bedell found himself addressing the school bus problems at Lincoln College Prep Academy. "I sent a message to our families that Lincoln was going to be in good shape," Bedell said. But the district ...Buses an hour late again at Kansas City's Lin ...
- Walk in memory of Lincoln College colleague raises over £2500 - The Lincolnite
posted on July 11, 2016 at 08:30:27 am
Over 110 Lincoln College staff ribboned along the banks of the River Witham to raise money in memory of their 'inspirational' colleague Niki, who sadly passed way aft ...
- Lincoln College alum joins Dallas for NBA Summer League - Lincoln Courier
posted on June 29, 2016 at 10:32:18 pm
Darius Adams, a critical component of the 2009 Lincoln College men's basketball team that saw a third-place finish in the NJCAA Div. II Basketball Tournament, will ...
- Lincoln College: Lynx sign Lincoln native Swinford - Lincoln Courier
posted on June 22, 2016 at 10:13:07 pm
LINCOLN-Lincoln Community High School graduate Jaylee Swinford has decided to keep her talents close to home. The 2016 LCHS graduate signed a National Letter of Inten ...
- Lincoln College: Lynx athletes reel in academic honors - Lincoln Courier
posted on June 21, 2016 at 06:33:31 pm
The Lincoln College Athletic Department announced Wednesday that a number of their athletes have been honored by both the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) ...
- Lincoln College Basketball: Lynx land standout Rockford point guard - Lincoln Courier
posted on June 10, 2016 at 04:41:37 pm
The Lynx men's basketball class of 2018 got a little stronger this week. Lincoln College announced Thursday that 6'0” Rockford Auburn High School point guard Trayvon Tyler will jo ...
- Area Briefs: Beard chooses Lincoln College - Lincoln Courier
posted on May 21, 2016 at 12:48:53 am
Lincoln Community High School senior soccer player Alexis Beard set her college plans in stone this week after signing a National Letter of Intent to play soccer for the L ...
- Lincoln College receives $1M donation - Lincoln Courier
posted on April 29, 2016 at 09:41:26 pm
Lincoln College recently received a $1 million donation from graduate and former trustee Wallace E. Carroll for renovations to the college's Univer ...
- Hal Holbrook to speak at Lincoln College commencement ceremony - WAND
posted on April 26, 2016 at 05:51:30 pm
LINCOLN - Lincoln College officials have announced that Emmy and Tony Award-winning actor Hal Holbrook will speak at the college's commencement ceremony on May ...
- Lincoln College of New England celebrates 50 years - The Southington Observer
posted on March 29, 2016 at 11:00:17 am
This year, Lincoln College of New England (LCNE) is celebrating a 50-year tradition of student-centered academics. Founded in 1966 as Briarwood College, LCNE offers a wide ...
- Lincoln College to fully fund MAP grants in fall 2016 - WJBC News
posted on March 25, 2016 at 02:51:24 pm
LINCOLN – Lincoln College is the latest school to cover Monetary Award Program grants while the state continues to withhold the money. Students attending Li ...
- Lincoln College to cover fall 2016 MAP grants - Bloomington Pantagraph
posted on March 21, 2016 at 09:45:35 pm
Lincoln College used a line of credit borrowing arrangement to cover the full cost of MAP last fall. For spring semester, the college covered 60 percent of the cost. Almost two-thirds of Lincoln College students receive MAP grants, averaging $4,000 per ...Linco ...
- Lafayette boys explode late to bury Lincoln College Prep in sectionals - News-Press Now
posted on March 9, 2016 at 05:30:27 am
As if on cue, the Fighting Irish huddle looked to a pair of teammates that has provided leadership all season and exploded in the final frame for a 77-56 sectional win over Lin ...
- Carnage and injuries at Lincoln College Bops - Oxford Student
posted on February 20, 2016 at 01:40:55 pm
Students at Lincoln college have been asked how to change behaviour at BOPs following a number of occasions where students were injured as a result of alcohol ...
- Lincoln College students earn academic honors - Lincoln Courier
posted on February 21, 2015 at 07:27:16 am
Lincoln College recognized the following students from the area for their academic achievement for the fall 2014 semester. For the Special Honors list req ...
- Lincoln College men end 3-game skid - Lincoln Courier
posted on February 10, 2015 at 11:29:39 pm
The Lincoln College men's basketball team awakened behind the arc Monday. The Lynx converted 14 3s for a 78-74 home victory over the Monmouth JV tea ...
- “Lions in Illyria” makes debut at Lincoln College - Lincoln Courier
posted on February 10, 2015 at 07:32:25 am
LINCOLN, IL — The Lincoln College Theater Department will present “Lions in Illyria,” a brand new children's show at 7 p.m. Feb. 18. Show dates are Feb ...
- Sexton takes over Lincoln College swim team - Lincoln Courier
posted on January 27, 2015 at 08:24:53 pm
Keith Corbeil will no longer coach the Lincoln College swimming and diving program. Lincoln College released Corbeil in the middle of his first seaso ...
- Lincoln College swimming focuses on work ahead - Lincoln Courier
posted on January 15, 2015 at 09:46:58 pm
The Lincoln College men and women's swimming team can attest to it. The Lynx just hope to peak by the NJCAA National Championships in Buffalo March 4-7. "We& ...
- Lincoln College gets £100k for work experience programme - The Lincolnite
posted on January 5, 2015 at 09:24:48 am
Every year the college applies for funding to pay for up to 28 Level 3 students and apprentices from its Lincoln, Gainsborough and Newark campuses to spen ...
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.