Browse past news stories for College of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas, NV.
- Bump Up program helps minority men get College of Southern Nevada degrees - Las Vegas Review-Journal
posted on August 22, 2016 at 04:39:08 am
Andrew-Bryce Hudson, center, coordinator of BUMP Up Mentoring Program, jokes with Michael Davis, left, a member of the program and Dr. Vincent Richardson, right, and talks to potential new me ...
- College of Southern Nevada loses $1.7 million grant - KRNV My News 4
posted on July 5, 2016 at 03:57:57 am
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Sunday that the College of Southern Nevada is no longer accepting funding after U.S. Labor Department officials complained the school was not following allocation rules. CSN is als ...
- College of Southern Nevada loses $1.7 million grant - Washington Times
posted on July 3, 2016 at 08:24:17 pm
Las Vegas Review-JournalLAS VEGAS (AP) - Nevada's largest public college must now make do without a federal grant worth nearly $2 million. The College of Southern Nevada is no longer receiving funding after U.S. Labor De ...
- College of Southern Nevada creates scholarship for undocumented immigrants - Las Vegas Review-Journal
posted on July 2, 2016 at 02:37:43 am
Led by the efforts of student body president Brenda Romero, the College of Southern Nevada has created a scholarship to benefit undocumented immigrants — expanding statewide efforts a ...
- College of Southern Nevada adds soccer teams to its ambitious athletic plans - Las Vegas Review-Journal
posted on June 19, 2016 at 10:53:40 pm
Community colleges have long served as a pipeline of dreams for aspiring athletes like Malone, offering them a place to further their education while honing athletic skills that might attract attention from major college programs. O ...
- College of Southern Nevada students explore veterinary technology with CT scanner - Las Vegas Review-Journal
posted on June 3, 2016 at 07:18:07 pm
web1_VetTech1.jpg Veterinary technology student Mandy Sacco checks the vitals on a cat preparing to undergo a imaging scan at the College of Southern Nevada. The new state-of-the-art compu ...
- College of Southern Nevada aims to add North Las Vegas name - KRNV My News 4
posted on June 3, 2016 at 01:53:06 am
(AP) — One of three College of Southern Nevada campuses is poised to add North Las Vegas to its name. City and school administrators said Thursday the Nevada state Board of Regents will be asked next week to rename the Cheye ...
- Record number to graduate from College of Southern Nevada - News3LV
posted on May 17, 2016 at 02:34:14 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV ) — It's a quiet day at College of Southern Nevada, but that isn't because there is a lack of students on CSN campuses. Spokesperson for CSN, K.C. Brekken, says enrollment is higher than ever. "We have about 35,000 who ...Gradua ...
- Goettl Air Conditioning owner Ken Goodrich rewards Veteran, College of Southern Nevada student - PR Newswire (press release)
posted on May 12, 2016 at 01:31:43 pm
Today, he's weeks away from graduation from the two-year applied science in air conditioning technology program at the College of Southern Nevada and the recipient of the Post 9/11 Veterans Tools Award, s ...
- College of Southern Nevada reprising role as national baseball contender - Las Vegas Review-Journal (blog)
posted on April 20, 2016 at 09:07:07 pm
College of Southern Nevada head coach Nick Garritano pitches during batting practice at Morse Field on the College of Southern Nevada Henderson campus Wednesday, April 20, 2016 ...
- The Love Dogs visit College of Southern Nevada - Examiner.com
posted on April 9, 2016 at 04:30:47 pm
The Love Dog animal therapy program returned to the College of Southern Nevada (CSN ), Henderson Campus this week and it was a huge success. There were seve ...
- College of Southern Nevada baseball gets noticed - Las Vegas Review-Journal (blog)
posted on February 4, 2015 at 10:54:32 pm
On the front of the desk in the clubhouse office of College of Southern Nevada baseball coach Nick Garritano is a miniature leather baseball glove he uses as a business card holder. ...
- College Of Southern Nevada Educates Students On Using Waves Plugins And ... - Live Design
posted on January 8, 2015 at 04:13:17 pm
Equipped with an arsenal of Waves equipment, CSN's audio setup includes the following: a main Control Room with an SSL AWS900 console, Pro Tools 11 HDX, and the Waves D ...
May 20, 2017
Corrosion technology is one of the hottest new industries community colleges are training for. Currently, only a handful of schools offer a program, but the field is open for new graduates.
May 20, 2017
A recent report revealed that many California community college students take twice as long to get an associate’s degree as is normally required. While community college is less expensive than attending a four-year institution, students who drag out their degree programs lose much of that savings in additional tuition, fees, textbooks, and lost wages. In this article, we examine the reasons why some students take so long to graduate.
May 20, 2017
We take a look at the latest annual college rankings from Washington Monthly, which provide a list of the top community colleges in the country as well as four-year schools.