Century College News
Browse past news stories for Century College in Saint Paul, MN.
- With travel ban to North Carolina lifted, Century College headed to NJCAA World Series - Minneapolis Star Tribune
Century College will travel to the NJCAA Division 3 World Series this weekend in North Carolina without any debate from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities leadership. The Wood Ducks beat St. Cloud ...
- Century College Among Teams Facing Unusual Ban From World Series - CBS Local
We had a good chunk of starters back from last year and a lot of key players, including a couple of our better pitchers,” Century College baseball coach Dwight Kotila said. “You know we've played well this year.” But with a ruling, this team has to put ...Minnesota teams barred from going to two national baseball tourname ...
- Century College design students tackle real-life project for Richfield senior care community - Minneapolis Star Tribune
But designing for seniors is different, as a group of students from Century College in White Bear Lake recently discovered. The students were offered the chance to redesign a care suite at the ...
- For This 21st Century College Grad, Entrepreneur, and Adventurer, The Path to Professional Success Began at Shell ... - PR Newswire (press release)
Held annually in the U.S, Europe, and Asia, the Shell Eco-marathon is a unique competition that challenges high school and college student teams from around the world to design, build and drive the most energy- ...
- College baseball: NIACC drops pair to Century College - Mason City Globe Gazette
ST. PAUL — No. 14 NIACC fell in a pair of nonconference games to Century College Wednesday, 5-3 and 12-7. The Trojans' offense finished the day with 20 strikeouts in the tw ...
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.