- Latter-Day Saints Business College serves 1,855 students (73% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body.
- Latter-Day Saints Business College is one of 11 community colleges within Salt Lake County, UT.
- The nearest community college is Certified Careers Institute (3.5 miles away).
Latter-Day Saints Business College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|46 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,855 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,347 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||508 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- LDS Business College has provided quality education for 120 years. The school began November 15, 1886, as the Salt Lake Academy under the direction of Dr. Karl G. Maeser and William B. Dougall. Willard Done, the first teacher, welcomed 84 students when the College first opened its doors.
- To provide excellent career-based education, the College adopts current technologies and responds to changes in market demands. Additionally, the College offers a general education degree that prepares students to transfer to other colleges and universities. All students receive a foundation for life-long learning.
- The college offers Associate of Science degree for university and college transfer in General Studies or Business. Courses are offered in Accounting, Business Skills, Information Technology, Interior Design, Medical Careers and Office Technology.
- LDS Business College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Universities of the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education.
79 students | 3.5 mi. away
487 students | 6.2 mi. away
34584 students | 7.1 mi. away
422 students | 11.1 mi. away
4000 students | 18.2 mi. away