- Pamlico Community College serves 549 students (45% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- Pamlico Community College is the only community colleges within Pamlico County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Craven Community College (15.2 miles away).
Pamlico Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|43 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||549 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:13||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||246 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||303 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- From its humble origin in 1962 as an Industrial Education Center located on the campus of Pamlico County High School, Pamlico Community College has evolved into an expanding campus of its own where hundreds come to pursue degrees, diplomas, certificates and opportunities to enrich one's quality of life.
- We offer 12 academic programs and a broad selection of Continuing Education courses ranging from GED instruction to the US Coast Guard Captain's Licensing. Whether planning to own a business, improve computer skills, or style hair, opportunities await.
- The college is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates; is approved for the training of veterans and eligible dependents; and is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System and American Association of Colleges and Junior Colleges.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Former Marine embarks on educational journey - New Bern Sun Journal
posted on December 25, 2012 at 08:06:04 pm
Former Marine embarks on educational journeyNew Bern Sun JournalWith that benchmark, Harold Lynwood Spruill, Class of 1987 at Pamlico County High School, is ...
- Nonprofit, PCC help parents earn GEDs - New Bern Sun Journal
posted on December 18, 2012 at 09:51:53 pm
Nonprofit, PCC help parents earn GEDsNew Bern Sun JournalMelony Mills joined the Pamlico Community College staff in December of 2010 as a recruiter and ...
- Pamlico CC continues to fulfill mission - New Bern Sun Journal
posted on December 11, 2012 at 11:02:44 pm
Pamlico CC continues to fulfill missionNew Bern Sun JournalBen Casey/Contributed photom allied health courses to business careers, to occupational skills ...