- North Country Community College serves 2,288 students (49% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body.
- North Country Community College is the only community colleges within Franklin County, NY.
North Country Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|71 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,288 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:32||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,113 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,175 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||3%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||3650 per year|
|Tuition Notes||In-State w/ Certific|
- The people of Essex and Franklin counties of New York founded North Country Community College in 1967. The College's mission is to provide the highest quality public, post secondary education to area residents, as well as those outside the region, who desire to live, learn and grow in a unique educational setting. The College is proud to be unofficially known as "The College of Essex & Franklin".
- The main campus of North Country Community College, which houses the administrative offices of the institution, is located in Saranac Lake. The College also has two branch campuses: Malone, in Franklin County and Ticonderoga, in Essex County. Classes are also offered at a satellite campus in Moriah. This allows the College to better serve the students of these geographically diverse populations. NCCC has the largest service district of any New York State community college, responding to the educational needs of the people in a 3,500 square-mile area.
- North Country maintains a strong reputation for progressive academic curriculum that is anchored in the liberal arts tradition. College programs are ideal for those students who plan on attaining a 2 or 4 year degree, as well as those seeking a career change. Degree programs are offered in Business Studies, Health Related Careers, Human Services and Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
North Country Community College SUNY NCCC
2 years ago
North Country Community College Degree SUNY NCCC
2 years ago
Related School News:
- CFES hosts development meeting - DenPubs
posted on April 1, 2013 at 10:11:03 am
CFES hosts development meetingDenPubsEssex ? Students from Dole Middle School in Hawaii were the guests of College for Every Student (CFES) at ...
- Emancipation Anniversary celebrates North Country abolitionists - DenPubs
posted on December 7, 2012 at 03:55:08 pm
Emancipation Anniversary celebrates North Country abolitionistsDenPubs1 for students, educators and general public across the North Country, ?North Country Supports ...
- New film sets scenes at Trudeau lab - North Country Public Radio
posted on November 21, 2012 at 12:03:42 pm
North Country Public RadioNew film sets scenes at Trudeau labNorth Country Public RadioThe scenes filmed in the Saranac lab featured an actor playing Carver ...