- Jefferson Community College serves 3,195 students (69% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body.
- Jefferson Community College is the only community colleges within Jefferson County, NY.
Jefferson Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|117 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,195 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:27||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,208 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||987 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The College offers 15 A.A.S. career curricula, 11 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and 6 certificate programs. Along with its credit bearing programs, the College offers a variety of workshops, seminars and workforce training opportunities. Cultural events, open to the public, routinely include film and theatrical events, lectures, seminars, and art exhibitions. Personal, academic, and vocational counseling are provided to both students and the community.
- The College is supervised by the State University of New York and sponsored by Jefferson County. Its service area is largely rural, with agriculture and tourism the dominant industries. The College campus, located near Interstate Highway 81 on the western boundary of the City of Watertown, consists of eight permanent buildings, athletic fields and ample parking for its commuter student body.
- Technology plays an important role in supporting the educational process at the College. There are 5 instructional computer classrooms and one open computer resource center which are all connected to a campus-wide network. Faculty and staff have access to the same campus-wide network from their offices for application and information sharing as well as electronic mail and Internet access.
- In addition to its Middle States accreditation, the College is fully accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and is a member of the Sevicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) and the Servicemembers Opportunity College Associate Degree Network (SOCAD). Jefferson is a founding member of the higher educational consortium, SUNY Colleges in the North Country.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Jefferson Community College IT Guy
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Mentoring efforts target Louisville Latinos for college - The Courier-Journal
posted on March 25, 2013 at 07:06:34 am
Mentoring efforts target Louisville Latinos for collegeThe Courier-JournalVolunteer tutors and mentors will target high-school students and returning adult learners, ...
- Adirondack men's soccer starts with a win
posted on September 1, 2011 at 05:52:04 am
QUEENSBURY -- Scott Semmel and Thomas Nocito each recorded a goal and an assist as the SUNY ...
- First Day Of Class At Jefferson Community College
posted on August 29, 2011 at 09:25:25 pm
It's back to school at Jefferson Community College. ...