- Cochran School of Nursing serves 237 students (19% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Cochran School of Nursing is one of 6 community colleges within Westchester County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Bergen Community College (10.3 miles away).
Cochran School of Nursing
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|17 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||237 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:14||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||44 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||193 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- The Cochran School of Nursing, the oldest nursing school in Westchester County, has a long history of preparing excellent nursing clinicians. The Cochran School of Nursing is a two year (4 semester) program. You can also apply for the Fast-Track program, which takes 13 Months to complete. The students receive an Associates Degree in Applied Science for Registered Nursing.
- Focusing largely on the nursing process, the faculty facilitates student achievement of the program objectives and assists them to function in the current health care delivery system. Inherent in the teaching methods is the educational processes that enable the graduate to think critically in providing patient/family focused nursing care. There is emphasis on developing individual goals for personal growth, professional involvement, and participation in life long learning.
- Our students gaim clinical experience at the best hospitals in Westchester county including St. John's Riverside hospital, Andrus Pavilion, St. John's Riverside hospital parkcare pavilion, Westchester Medical Center, St. Vincent's Medical Center, visiting Nurse Association of Hudson valley, Michael Malotz Skilled Nursing pavillion, Community hospital at Dobbs Ferry and Sound Shore Medical Center.
Related School Videos:
cochran school of nursing
4 years ago
Related School News:
- Grace Aune, Born in North Tarrytown, 93 - Patch.com
posted on March 13, 2013 at 07:00:59 pm
Grace Aune, Born in North Tarrytown, 93Patch.comIn 1939, she also became a graduate of the Cochran School of Nursing in Yonkers, NY. Grace was ...
- Lowey announces federal money for Yonkers nursing school
posted on March 10, 2010 at 04:38:27 am
YONKERS — Rep. Nita Lowey announced Monday that she had secured $250,000 ...
17198 students | 10.3 mi. away
150 students | 14.2 mi. away
2729 students | 15.2 mi. away
9189 students | 16.3 mi. away
13424 students | 19.7 mi. away