- Southwestern Michigan College serves 3,262 students (53% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body.
- Southwestern Michigan College is the only community colleges within Cass County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Brown Mackie College-South Bend (17.3 miles away).
Southwestern Michigan College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|98 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,262 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,726 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,536 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- We offer small class sizes, ensuring you will receive significant personalized attention from your instructors. We have campuses conveniently located in Dowagiac and Niles - close to home and work. We also have academic support services that offer assistance every step of the way from the time you apply for admission to SMC to the completion of your degree and beyond.
- We have high quality transfer courses and curricula for students who wish to pursue their first two years of a four-year degree at SMC before transferring to a four-year college or university. Plus, SMC is committed to offering the highest quality academic experience at less than half the cost of most four-year colleges and universities.
- Southwestern Michigan College offers two-year transfer programs (Associate in Arts and Associate in Sciences degrees) and professional technical programs. In addition, students can now complete a bachelor's degree in one of six areas right on our campuses.
- Southwestern Michigan College offers many scholarships, including generous awards for academically talented students in the most recent high school class.
- Southwestern Michigan College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Southwestern Michigan College Dance
1 year ago.
Southwestern Michigan College Campus Tour
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Ferris State University to expand largest program to Traverse City college - The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com
posted on December 8, 2012 at 04:20:34 am
The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.comFerris State University to expand largest program to Traverse City collegeThe Grand Rapids Press - MLive.comIn addition, Ferris is also seeking to offer its ...
- SMC hosts vocal music class today
posted on September 9, 2011 at 11:23:36 am
DOWAGIAC -Southwestern Michigan College will host a vocal music master’s class from 4:30 to 6 p.m. today in the theater of ...
- Fall lecture series begins Wednesday
posted on September 6, 2011 at 10:53:36 am
DOWAGIAC - Kicking off this year’s fall lecture series at the Museum at Southwestern Michigan College is ...
1247 students | 17.3 mi. away
4752 students | 18.9 mi. away
8149 students | 21.6 mi. away