- Maryland college of art and design serves 78 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Maryland college of art and design is one of 2 community colleges within Montgomery County, MD.
Maryland college of art and design
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||78 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- The School of Art and Design at Montgomery College (SA+D) began in 1957 as Maryland College of Art and Design. It continues today as a community of artists providing education – the AFA degree and non-degree courses - in the visual arts to residents of the surrounding area. The institution grew from an informal arts center to a professional, accredited, degree-granting college and then to join Montgomery College in 2004, without changing the supportive environment that makes this educational institution unique. As a community of artists — students and professionals — working together, all of us here at SA+D are committed to helping one another advance toward our individual career, educational, and artistic goals.This spirit of cooperation and support has been a hallmark of this art school experience for over 47 years.
- The School of Art and Design at Montgomery College is perfect for you if you are looking for an art school experience—a structured studio intensive program for art majors who are committed to studying art and planning to transfer to a four-year art institution. The School of Art and Design courses and program are located at 10500 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring, Maryland. This artists' community environment includes studio classrooms, faculty offices, and student lounge within the same building.
- In addition to drawing, painting and design studios, our facilities also include a black and white photography lab and two fully equipped G5 Macintosh computer graphics labs with industry-standard hardware and software, including Quark XPress, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Our facilities also include display areas for ongoing student work, a library, a career/transfer center and a professional artists' gallery which displays the work of local and regionally known artists. The close proximity of these components within the same building encourages conversation about art, education, and life among the students, faculty, and staff.
- Our small size and our focus on maintaining a collaborative learning community encourage enthusiastic and serious artistic growth. This is an environment where you'll have the opportunity to concentrate on developing and refining your individual creativity and talents, have easy access to your teachers, and form close and lasting relationships with other members of the School of Art and Design community: a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who all share your interest in art.
Related School Videos:
Roudolf Kharatian ~ Dance & Reveries
3 years ago