- Kaplan University-Mason City Campus serves 348 students (58% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body.
- Kaplan University-Mason City Campus is one of 2 community colleges within Cerro Gordo County, IA.
- The nearest community college is North Iowa Area Community College (5.5 miles away).
Kaplan University-Mason City Campus
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|12 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||348 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||201 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||147 students||1,508 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||340 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||8 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state.
- The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields.
- The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.