- Dalton State College serves 5,989 students (61% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body.
- Dalton State College is the only community colleges within Whitfield County, GA.
- The nearest community college is Northwestern Technical College (14.0 miles away).
Dalton State College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|176 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,989 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,665 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,324 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Chartered in 1963 as the 24th member institution of the University System of Georgia, Dalton State has steadily grown in size and breadth to meet the educational needs of Northwest Georgia. Currently enrolling more than 4200 students from Georgia, Tennessee, and 35 nations, DSC offers a wide variety of one and two-year technical programs, and an equally broad array of two-year transfer associate degree programs. But the biggest recent development has been the addition of a focused group of bachelor's degrees, designed to meet the high priority needs of the region.
- Today, Dalton State College offers baccalaureate degrees in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Management, Marketing Systems, Management Information Systems, Technology Management, Industrial Operations Management,Accounting, Biology and Mathematics.
- In conjunction with our academic programs, DSC offers many services that can help our students achieve success. An Academic and Career Enhancement Center, a Math Lab, a Writing Lab, an Evening and Extended Campus Office, an expanded and well-equipped Library, a variety of computer labs, and a full array of student clubs and organizations help provide a warm, personal, and invigorating climate for learning on our picturesque, well-maintained campus. And if a special purpose short course, workshop, or seminar is among your needs, our Center for Continuing Education offers over 400 such non-credit programs to more than 8,000 persons annually.
- Dalton State College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate and Bachelor's degrees.
Related School Videos:
Flash Mob with CAB at Dalton State College
1 year ago.
Natalie Stovall performs at Dalton State College
3 years ago
Dalton State College partyrockers
8 months ago
Related School News:
- Werner Braun: Being an exchange student a great experience - The Daily Citizen
posted on December 28, 2012 at 11:15:51 am
Werner Braun: Being an exchange student a great experienceThe Daily CitizenSo I was very interested to hear the impressions of a college student living in student ...
- Former Dalton State College professor to stand trial on rape charges - Online Athens
posted on December 20, 2012 at 02:53:41 am
Former Dalton State College professor to stand trial on rape chargesOnline AthensDALTON ? District attorney's officials in northwestern Georgia say a former college ...
- Dalton State College professor honored
posted on November 17, 2012 at 10:23:00 am
DALTON, Ga. - A Dalton State College psychology professor has been named a U.S. Professor of the ...
2328 students | 14.0 mi. away
538 students | 19.6 mi. away
426 students | 21.5 mi. away
661 students | 21.5 mi. away