- Los Angeles Harbor College serves 11,109 students (32% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 55:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body.
- Los Angeles Harbor College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Brooks College (Long Beach) (8.3 miles away).
Los Angeles Harbor College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|201 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,109 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:55||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,501 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,608 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Los Angeles Harbor College, a comprehensive two-year public community college providing opportunity for transfer education, occupational training and life-long learning. We are proud of being the college of choice for Harbor area residents for more than 50 years. The excellence of our faculty, staff and programs are well known because of the excellent teaching and personalized attention we provide to those who come to us seeking to improve their knowledge and skills.
- The college is known for its excellent faculty and transfer programs, as well as programs responding to community and business needs. Partnerships have resulted in major grants for homeland security programs, training for the Los Angeles World Airport, the Port of Los Angeles and refineries, as well as our up-dated cable television studio (HCTV). Community residents can watch our expanded television coverage on Comcast Channel 27.
- From its beginning in September of 1949 when the first students passed through the doors, Harbor College has grown from a technically oriented college into a comprehensive institution of higher learning with a broad spectrum of transfer, vocational, and community services programs.
- Today, the nearly 8,000 students that enroll each semester in credit courses reflect the diverse ethnic composition of the communities served by the college. One of nine two-year public community colleges comprising the Los Angeles Community College District, Harbor College prides itself on being the college of choice for the nearly 400,000 residents of Carson, Harbor City, Gardena, Lomita, San Pedro, Wilmington, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Los Angeles Harbor College Protest
7 months ago
Neil Sadler Band - Los Angeles Harbor College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- WKU Football Announces Four Junior College Signees for 2013 Season - WBKO
posted on December 20, 2012 at 03:46:17 am
WKU Football Announces Four Junior College Signees for 2013 SeasonWBKODefensive lineman Maurice Bennett (East Mississippi CC), defensive back Dalton Patterson ...
- ISA Collaboration with Los Angeles Harbor College in California Brings Technical Training to Students
posted on May 31, 2011 at 04:41:55 pm
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (27 May 2011) – The International Society of Automation (ISA) announced today that it has signed an agreement to partner with Los Angeles Harbor ...
- Police Identify Man Killed In Car-To-Car Shooting
posted on September 17, 2010 at 10:45:49 pm
Officials have identified the male shooting victim in ...
28 students | 8.3 mi. away
21610 students | 12.8 mi. away
8985 students | 20.7 mi. away
188 students | 21.9 mi. away