The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 210% over five years.
|College||American University of Health Sciences||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||70 staff|
|Total Enrollment||252 students||2,397 students|
|# Full-Time Students||252 students||1,260 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||244 students||1,199 students|
|# Graduate Students||8 students||60 students|
|% Two or more races||
|% Non Resident races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.47||0.73|
|In-State Tuition Fees||$30,700||$1,324|
|Out-State Tuition Fees||$30,700||$6,758|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||81%|
Source: 2014 (latest year available) IPEDS
- AUHS is a Christian-based, Minority-served Private University and it offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Pharm Sciences, and Master of Science in Clinical Research in the Long Beach area.
- Students can obtain healthcare degrees in the school of nursing, school of pharmacy or clinical research professions. AUHS is minority owned and places emphasis on the development of quality allied health professionals for the local and global community. From the foundation of training and health sciences degrees obtained, AUHS graduates are empowered to answer God’s call to provide care and service in the healthcare field to the world at large.
- Our mission at AUHS is accomplished through the creation of a strong and caring academic environment where excellence, diversity, and the development of the entire person—mind, body and spirit—is addressed and where teaching/learning, research, service and scholarship is valued and supported.
- BSNinfo@auhs.edu (for nursing)
- BSPSinfo@auhs.edu (for BSPS-PrePharm)
- MSCRinfo@auhs.edu (for MSCR)
- College Location Mi. Students
1,136 students | 2.90 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA 90810
24,403 students | 3.30 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA 90808
310 students | 5.70 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA 90744
(310)816-5700 x 5721 5.70310
7,611 students | 5.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA 90221
10,145 students | 6.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA 90744