- Paradise Valley Community College serves 10,282 students (30% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Paradise Valley Community College is one of 34 community colleges within Maricopa County, AZ.
- The nearest community college is Everest College-Phoenix (7.7 miles away).
Paradise Valley Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|246 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,282 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,070 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,212 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Paradise Valley Community College is one of ten colleges, two skill centers, and multiple satellite locations, which comprise the Maricopa County Community College District located throughout metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona.
- The District was established in 1962, with a single college and has since grown to serve over 277,000 students in credit and non-credit programs making it the largest provider of post-secondary education in the state of Arizona. Today, the district's colleges and centers offer comprehensive educational programs in professional, occupational, special interest, and continuing education curricula to serve the needs of the rapidly growing county area.
- Founded in 1985, Paradise Valley Community College has grown from a per-semester enrollment in 1987 of 3,700 to over 7,800 today. PVCC provides diverse learning opportunities including University transfer education, General education, Developmental education, Continuing education, Community education, Workforce development, Student development, Honors education, Global engagement and Civic responsibility.
- As one of ten Maricopa County Community Colleges, PVCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a commission of the North Central Association.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Reyes Medrano, Paradise Valley Community College
6 months ago
Justin Hanania, Paradise Valley Community College
9 months ago
Dan Donahue, Paradise Valley Community College
9 months ago
Related School News:
- Tim Tebow speaks at Impact Church in Scottsdale - ABC15.com (KNXV-TV)
posted on February 5, 2013 at 05:11:24 am
ABC15.com (KNXV-TV)Tim Tebow speaks at Impact Church in ScottsdaleABC15.com (KNXV-TV)According to a report from TMZ.com , fans caught a glimpse of Tebow while the New York Jets quarterback was training at Paradise Valley ...
- Student Finds Strength After Heart Transplant - College Times
posted on February 1, 2013 at 06:24:49 pm
Student Finds Strength After Heart TransplantCollege TimesHis first rejection occurred in October 2012 during his first semester at Arizona State University ...
- PCC Baseball Wins and Ties at Paradise Valley - Explorer News
posted on January 30, 2013 at 05:42:34 pm
PCC Baseball Wins and Ties at Paradise ValleyExplorer NewsThe Pima Community College baseball team (1-0-1) got a win and fought back to earn a tie on Tuesday ...
6797 students | 7.7 mi. away
1425 students | 8.3 mi. away
1532 students | 11.1 mi. away
1670 students | 11.7 mi. away
21373 students | 11.8 mi. away