- Tacoma Community College serves 6,617 students (43% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body.
- Tacoma Community College is one of 6 community colleges within Pierce County, WA.
- The nearest community college is Clover Park Technical College (4.8 miles away).
Tacoma Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|222 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,617 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,830 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,787 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||8%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Tacoma Community College is one of 34 Washington community and technical colleges, serving Tacoma-Pierce County. The college Offers 44 state approved professional/technical programs. TCC offers a variety of professional/technical programs designed to prepare you for the workforce. These programs can lead to a two-year Associate in Applied Science degree, or a program certificate. TCC also offers a variety of freshman and sophomore-level courses, transferable to a four-year college or university.
- TCC traces its roots to 1962, when residents of the Tacoma-Pierce County area elected to fund and build a local community college. Directors of the Tacoma School District No. 10 applied for authorization to build the college in 1961. TCC received state approval to begin construction in 1963 and opened for class on Sept. 28, 1965.
- The college's main campus offers a range of academic and occupational degrees, continuing education classes, and developmental learning opportunities. About 8,400 students come to our 150-acre campus each quarter. Since TCC's opening in 1965, more than 400,000 people have attended.
- The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities.
Related School Videos:
Tacoma Community College - Wiki Article
22 days ago
Related School News:
- Suit claims teacher convinced teen to perform sexual acts - KOMO News
posted on May 29, 2013 at 12:20:19 am
KOMO NewsSuit claims teacher convinced teen to perform sexual actsKOMO NewsThe alleged misconduct took place two years ago at Tacoma Community College, where a music instructor allegedly convinced a 17-year-old student to take off her clothes and touch herself sexually to see how it affected her vocal ...
- Woman Sues State, Former TCC Instructor for Sexual Abuse - Patch.com
posted on May 28, 2013 at 10:28:59 pm
Woman Sues State, Former TCC Instructor for Sexual AbusePatch.comWoman Sues State, Former TCC Instructor for Sexual Abuse. A Gig Harbor woman is accusing ...
- Vicci Martinez returns to The Swiss for anniversary show - Bellingham Herald
posted on April 26, 2013 at 08:44:03 pm
Bellingham HeraldVicci Martinez returns to The Swiss for anniversary showBellingham HeraldAnd she's working to release another single off “Vicci” in the next two ...
4445 students | 4.8 mi. away
7478 students | 5.3 mi. away
7067 students | 14.5 mi. away
8418 students | 17.0 mi. away
7687 students | 23.5 mi. away