- Seattle Community College-Central Campus serves 7,774 students (55% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- Seattle Community College-Central Campus is one of 13 community colleges within King County, WA.
- The nearest community college is The Art Institute Of Seattle (1.3 miles away).
Seattle Community College-Central Campus
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|255 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,774 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,243 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,531 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Although the official history of Seattle Central began in 1966, its main campus is the site of two important Seattle schools that preceded the present day college. In accordance with a 1969 master plan, extensive renovation and new construction at Seattle Central took place over a seven-year period. With the completion of the Broadway Performance Hall (built from the central section of the high school) in 1978, the college campus possesses a striking historic reminder of its past that augments the modern main building next to it. These two buildings are appropriate symbols of the school's long standing commitment to provide quality education to all who seek it. The college's Broadway campus also includes a complete Student Activity Center, Bookstore and Student Government buildings.
- Seattle Central Community College, located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, is known for its ethnically and culturally diverse student body, innovative student services and coordinated studies curriculum for college transfers. Professional-technical programs offered include apparel design, ASL interpreter training, biotechnology, culinary arts, wood construction, maritime, and many health-related occupations.
- Seattle Central Community College is currently accredited in good standing by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
2352 students | 1.3 mi. away
14010 students | 8.4 mi. away
9536 students | 13.8 mi. away
7067 students | 15.9 mi. away
8418 students | 21.9 mi. away