- Pellissippi State Community College serves 11,327 students (53% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body.
- Pellissippi State Community College is one of 3 community colleges within Knox County, TN.
- The nearest community college is South College (7.9 miles away).
Pellissippi State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|284 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,327 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,026 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,301 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||480-560||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||420-510||410-530|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-23||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-21||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||17-22||17-21|
- State Technical Institute at Knoxville (State Tech) was established on September 4, 1974. State Tech opened with 45,000 square feet of floor space, 45 students, 12 faculty and staff members, and three associate's degree programs, all in engineering technology. The new institute was housed in a building adjacent to the Regional Vocational-Technical School (later renamed the Knoxville Area Vocational-Technical School and now the Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville).
- Pellissippi State offers Associate's degree and certificate programs that lead to employment in engineering technologies and business, Associate's degree programs and courses that prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-level colleges and universities, remedial and developmental education and other educational support programs and services, General Educational Development (GED) preparation, training to meet specific needs of businesses, industries and individuals, continuing education programs, seminars and workshops, Resources for special grade K-12 programs and events and support for, involvement in, and promotion of civic and cultural projects and events.
- Located in Tennessee's third-largest metropolitan area, Pellissippi State comprehensively serves the greater Knox and Blount County area and extends its engineering technology offerings to Anderson, Loudon, Roane, Cumberland, Campbell, Fentress, Scott, and Morgan counties. A member of the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) System, the College seeks to develop and maintain effective student transfer agreements with TBR universities, the University of Tennessee, and private colleges and universities of the region.
- Pellissippi State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Grant To Cover Dual Enrollment Costs for STEM Academy, Middle College ... - Clarksville Leaf Chronicle
posted on May 17, 2013 at 01:19:46 pm
Grant To Cover Dual Enrollment Costs for STEM Academy, Middle College ...Clarksville Leaf ChroniclePellissippi State Community College (Knoxville, $37,982) will use the funding to serve ...
- Knoxville Job Fair scheduled for Tuesday afternoon - WBIR-TV
posted on May 14, 2013 at 04:22:51 pm
Knoxville Job Fair scheduled for Tuesday afternoonWBIR-TVIt will be held on the Magnolia Avenue Campus of Pellissippi State Community College. The ...
- Expanding tnAchieves needs 1700 volunteer mentors this year - WBIR-TV
posted on May 11, 2013 at 03:41:44 am
WBIR-TVExpanding tnAchieves needs 1700 volunteer mentors this yearWBIR-TVFriday night, she graduated with an associates degree from Pellissippi State Community College. But ...