- National Polytechnic College of Science serves 310 students.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body.
- National Polytechnic College of Science is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Brooks College (Long Beach) (7.2 miles away).
National Polytechnic College of Science
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Private Not-for-profit||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||310 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
- The College's mission is to provide access to quality educational programs, faculty, and resources in technical fields that prepare a diverse student body for direct and successful entry into the workforce.
- National Polytechnic College of Science, a non-profit higher education institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The academic programs of National Polytechnic are focuses on commercial diving and marine technology, hyperbaric medical technology, EMT-B, Construction Management, Homeland Security,Health Information Technology, Substance Abuse Counseling, and Extended Learning , which offers shorter certificate courses such as the 50-hour Certified Hyperbaric Technologist program and Non-destructive Testing.
- The College was originally established in 1967 as the Commercial Diving Center at the Port of Los Angeles in Wilmington and later was renamed the College of Oceaneering in 1973 when it was purchased by Oceaneering International. In 2002, the College was purchased by National University and now is a non-profit organization and is a member of the National University System. Also in 2002, the College opened a second campus in San Diego, California.
- The College provides a number of services to help students attain their educational goals. In addition to the Office of Academics, several offices of the College join together to provide services for the academic, economic and personal needs of enrolled students. Student services include student advising and scheduling, records evaluation, Veteran's assistance, financial aid and other services.
Related School Videos:
2 months ago
4 years ago
28 students | 7.2 mi. away
21610 students | 11.9 mi. away
8985 students | 19.6 mi. away
188 students | 22.2 mi. away