|Total Enrollment||4,287 students||1,296 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,336 students||815 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,951 students||1,025 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||6%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|% Unknown races||12%||3%|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.70||0.53|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Behavioral Health Services (BHS), Bilingual Student Nursing Association (BSNA), Black Student Union (BSU), Circle of Nations, Club Teach, Collegiate DECA (Business Club), International Friends Club, MEChA, Medical Scrub Club, Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society), Pre-Pharmacy Club, SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Spirit Club, Spotlight Productions (Drama Club), Student Governance, Think South Mountain (TSM), Veterans Club Club Teach, MEChA, Spirit Club, Veterans Club, Behavioral Health Services (BHS),
Bilingual Student Nursing Association (BSNA),
Black Student Union (BSU),
Circle of Nations,
Collegiate DECA (Business Club),
International Friends Club,
Medical Scrub Club,
Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society),
SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers,
Spotlight Productions (Drama Club),
Think South Mountain (TSM),
- Our Vision
- South Mountain Community College educates minds, transforms lives, touches hearts, and builds community.
- Our Mission
- South Mountain Community College provides quality higher education for our diverse community. We create a caring teaching and learning environment that fosters student development and supports productive citizenship in an increasingly global and technological society.
- Our purpose is to meet these needs by offering:
- General education courses
- Transfer programsOccupational education and career development
- Continuing education
- Developmental studies and English as a second language
- Cultural, civic, and social events
- Academic support and student services
- Our Values
- We are inspired and guided by our core values:
- COLLABORATION: We are inclusive in our relationships with colleagues, departments and community, and respectful of their ideas.
- COMMUNITY: We serve our community by recognizing our inter-dependence, celebrating our history, honoring our diverse cultures, and building our future.
- EXCELLENCE: We model exemplary teaching, learning, service and leadership through continuous improvement, creativity and innovation.
- INTEGRITY: We are accountable to the communities we serve and are truthful, sincere, transparent and responsible for our actions.
- WELLBEING: We are a college community that encourages and develops social, physical, career, community and financial wellbeing.
- College Location Mi. Students
Tempe2323 W 14th St
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480)517-80004.07 Mi | 21,472 students
Phoenix4750 S 44th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(480)966-30004.81 Mi | 310 students
Tempe1140-1150 S. Priest Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480)545-87554.84 Mi | 418 students
Phoenix555 N 18 St Ste 110
Phoenix, AZ 85006
(602)254-30994.97 Mi | 237 students
Phoenix108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
(602)392-50005.06 Mi | 6,440 students