SMCC reflects the diversity of its service area, a rich mix of rural, urban, and suburban neighborhoods. Many of our students arrive from Phoenix, Laveen, Tempe, Guadalupe and surrounding communities to attend classes, both at the main campus near 24th Street and Baseline Road, and our offsite facilities in Guadalupe and Laveen.
Our small, personalized classes are offered days, evenings and online, and are led by an engaged and accomplished faculty. Career and academic counseling are also available. One of the ten colleges within the Maricopa Community College District, SMCC is a federally-designated Minority Serving Institution and Hispanic Serving Institution. SMCC is also a Strengths-Based Institution, helping you first determine your own personal strengths, and then strategies to maximize those strengths in your academic and career choices. Visit our Main Campus at 7050 S. 24th Street; our Guadalupe Center, 9233 S. Avenida del Yaqui (Priest Road, south of Guadalupe Road); or our Laveen Center, 7900 S. 43rd Avenue. We look forward to helping you reach your educational and career goals!
|College||South Mountain Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public institution||Private for-profit|
|Total Faculty||57 staff||51 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,287 students||1,567 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,336 students||1,082 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,951 students||4,012 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||
|% Two or more races||
|% Unknown races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.76||0.65|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Behavioral Health Services (BHS), Bilingual Student Nursing Association (BSNA), Black Student Union (BSU), Circle of Nations, Club Teach, Collegiate DECA (Business Club), International Friends Club, MEChA, Medical Scrub Club, Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society), Pre-Pharmacy Club, SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Spirit Club, Spotlight Productions (Drama Club), Student Governance, Think South Mountain (TSM), Veterans Club Club Teach, MEChA, Spirit Club, Veterans Club, Behavioral Health Services (BHS),
Bilingual Student Nursing Association (BSNA),
Black Student Union (BSU),
Circle of Nations,
Collegiate DECA (Business Club),
International Friends Club,
Medical Scrub Club,
Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society),
SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers,
Spotlight Productions (Drama Club),
Think South Mountain (TSM),
- Our Vision
- South Mountain Community College educates minds, transforms lives, touches hearts, and builds community.
- Our Mission
- South Mountain Community College provides quality higher education for our diverse community. We create a caring teaching and learning environment that fosters student development and supports productive citizenship in an increasingly global and technological society.
- Our purpose is to meet these needs by offering:
- General education courses
- Transfer programsOccupational education and career development
- Continuing education
- Developmental studies and English as a second language
- Cultural, civic, and social events
- Academic support and student services
- Our Values
- We are inspired and guided by our core values:
- COLLABORATION: We are inclusive in our relationships with colleagues, departments and community, and respectful of their ideas.
- COMMUNITY: We serve our community by recognizing our inter-dependence, celebrating our history, honoring our diverse cultures, and building our future.
- EXCELLENCE: We model exemplary teaching, learning, service and leadership through continuous improvement, creativity and innovation.
- INTEGRITY: We are accountable to the communities we serve and are truthful, sincere, transparent and responsible for our actions.
- WELLBEING: We are a college community that encourages and develops social, physical, career, community and financial wellbeing.
- College Location Mi. Students
20,215 students | 4.10 Mi2323 W 14th St
Tempe,  AZ 85281
418 students | 4.80 Mi1140-1150 S. Priest Drive
Tempe,  AZ 85281
290 students | 5.00 Mi555 N 18 St Ste 110
Phoenix,  AZ 85006
5,950 students | 5.10 Mi108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix,  AZ 85034
695 students | 5.20 Mi4210 E Washington Street
Phoenix,  AZ 85034