- Lorain County Community College serves 13,520 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Lorain County Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Lorain County, OH.
- The nearest community college is Ohio Business College-Sheffield (1.0 miles away).
Lorain County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|323 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,520 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,200 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,320 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- LCCC is Ohio's top-ranked community college. LCCC has received the state of Ohio's highest quality rating for educational institutions by achieving the Tier 3 Achievement of Excellence. And in 2002, LCCC enrolled a record number of students in over 30 credit programs, along with over 2,000 students in our innovative University Partnership program.
- Lorain County Community College was granted a charter to serve Lorain County's higher education needs on July 15, 1963. In 1966, LCCC moved to its current location on Abbe Road North, in Elyria, making LCCC the first community college in Ohio to have a permanent campus. The campus opened with three buildings: Engineering Technologies, Mechanical Services, and Physical and Social Sciences. By the end of the fall semester, three more buildings were opened: Business, College Center and Physical Education.
- At Lorain County Community College, there are many different types of degree programs to meet your unique needs. LCCC has transfer programs where you can earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree. LCCC also offers applied programs where you earn an Associate of Applied Business or Science, or Certificates of Proficiency or Completion. The intent of these programs is to give you marketable skills. Examples of applied programs are: Nursing, Electronics, Business Management and Police Science. Another unique degree opportunity allows for students to have some input, with approval, into the design of their own program with the Associate of Individualized Studies and the Associate of Technical Studies.
- LCCC received full accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the highest-ranking accrediting association of higher education institutions.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- 2 new police officers sworn in today in Elyria - Chronicle-Telegram
posted on February 28, 2013 at 08:25:22 pm
2 new police officers sworn in today in ElyriaChronicle-TelegramHorton, who is from the greater Cleveland area, will attend the Lorain County Community ...
- Westlake schools Science Olympiad teams advance to state competition - Plain Dealer
posted on February 28, 2013 at 03:27:00 pm
Westlake schools Science Olympiad teams advance to state competitionPlain DealerWestlake High School's Science Olympiad team took first place in regional competition at ...
- Book buys preceded firing of LCCC dean - Chronicle-Telegram
posted on February 28, 2013 at 12:09:03 pm
Chronicle-TelegramBook buys preceded firing of LCCC deanChronicle-TelegramELYRIA ? Generosa Lopez-Molina was fired from her post as Lorain County Community ...
469 students | 1.0 mi. away
796 students | 15.3 mi. away
31248 students | 21.2 mi. away
337 students | 21.7 mi. away