- James Sprunt Community College serves 1,541 students (56% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body.
- James Sprunt Community College is the only community colleges within Duplin County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Sampson Community College (19.5 miles away).
James Sprunt Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|84 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,541 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:18||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||857 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||684 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||42.00 per semester h|
|Tuition Notes||additional fees|
- The College's main campus is located in the center of Duplin County, North Carolina, on N.C. Highway 11 South near Kenansville. The 52-acre landscaped campus provides an attractive setting for an educational and cultural center for students and the community. The Kenansville campus is comprised of six main buildings, housing administrative offices, classrooms, laboratories, vocational shops, library, cafeteria and student center.
- JSCC offers a two-year college transfer program for students who want to pursue a four-year baccalaureate degree at a senior college or university. The program includes required freshman- and sophomore-level courses in English composition, humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences/mathematics and physical education. In addition, students may take college transfer electives selected to meet their individual needs and interests and the requirements of the specific major areas of study.
- JSCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Related School Videos:
James Sprunt Community College 2013 Coronation
1 month ago
James Sprunt Community College Black History month 2
11 months ago
Related School News:
- The College Tease - Washington Monthly (blog)
posted on February 5, 2013 at 11:58:53 pm
The College TeaseWashington Monthly (blog)After Austin Obasohan visited Duplin Early College High School on the campus of James Sprunt Community College ...
- Senator Jackson begins Legislative Town Hall tour - Garner Cleveland Post
posted on January 24, 2013 at 05:14:26 am
Senator Jackson begins Legislative Town Hall tourGarner Cleveland Post... Community College ? Activities Center, 1801 Sunset Avenue in Clinton. The final town ...
- Jackson holding town hall meetings - Sampson Independent
posted on January 21, 2013 at 04:02:32 pm
Jackson holding town hall meetingsSampson IndependentThe senator will be in Duplin County, at James Sprunt Community College, Williams Hall (Room 100) ...